aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

United will win 4-0 easily tonight. There is no proof that Bayern are even remotely good at football.

On a side note, everyone wanting Liverpool to win the league, please step outside and have a fucking word with yourself. Imagine the gloating from their fans, just actually imagine it.

• Upvote 3

Should be 2-0 up. Welbeck's disallowed goal, the fuck? It's not high feet if the defender DUCKS towards the ball. Shite.

He fluffed that 2nd chance with that dickhead lob. Just blast it at Neuers face and hope it trickles in.

Bayern have had 99% possession and completed about 17,000 passes, but they've not really done anything of note.

Schweinsteiger and Boateng out of the 2nd leg. Have it. 1-1 is still a crap home result though. A score draw is essentially a 1-0 win for Bayern.

Still. United should have won. Didn't think that would have been the case. I was expecting annihilation.

Buttner was ace. Buttner!

Still a total foul though. Broke up a counter attack and impeded his stride. Rooney had to leap over him, otherwise he's just clattering into Schweinsteiger's mistimed challenge.

Mis-timed? He got the ball. Seemed like a fair tackle to me.

VainSerpentineKingfisher.gif

Slow mo on telly made it look like Rooneys toe got there first. I still believe it did. Going in with such force when already in a yellow is daft regardless.

This is what it looks like to me from that gif and the OI OI WAZZA IZ A LEDGE twitter vines i've seen since. 

Sidenote: since when has it been ok to call Welbeck 'WELBZ'?

Predictions for tonight

Barcelona 1-1 Atletico

I think there will be more goals in Spain - 3-2 Barca...

Bow down to the prediction master Gladstone. 

And before anyone says anything I didn't predict a score in the other game, you don't need to go back and check.

I didn't see the game but going by that gif I say NO FOUL.

Barca - Atletico was quite good but scrappy, second half was better, most obviously because of the two top quality goals. Iniesta was superb.

I was impressed by Man Utd tonight (apart from the dive). Parked the bus to an extent but knew they had to against that Bayern side.

Kagawa made a difference in the second half and the whole performance was even more impressive as they were carrying Fellaini the whole game who was awful. He linked up with Bayern players more than his own.

Defense were great all game and didn't let. Bayern create too many clear cut chances.

The Martinez yellow is a big win as well with him missing the second leg.

http://m.imgur.com/lvvKmE3

Totally wasn't a dive. Exaggeration maybe, but he's going down regardless because he's being impeded and gets a toe to the ball first. Should Rooney just keep running into Schweinsteiger, as if his leg is invisible trip wire, to save his reputation as a possible diver? The impact injury and possibly missing the 2nd leg would be worth it, so long as the internet all knew he wasn't a diver...

United were better than they have been since the Leverkusen games. For all the shit Moyes gets, I think he can look at some if his players and wonder why they haven't delivered all season.

It was a bit of both really.  Man Utd did a good job of stifling Bayern, but I expected more from Bayern.

Fellaini is absolutely fucking terrible.

Rooney totally got Schweinsteiger sent off too.  If Rooney had just fallen down like a normal human being it would not have looked even remotely like a yellow card tackle.  Valencia's challenge in the second half was worse than that and the referee looked genuinely not to give a yellow because it would have meant sending him off, but for some reason was happy enough to go straight for the yellow for that one.  He never touched Rooney.  I know he hurdled the tackle, but Schweinsteiger was pretty close to getting the ball, it was nowhere near as reckless as Rooney made it look.  Still that's the sort of thing that players from the continent have been doing to British teams for decades.  Doesn't make it ok, like, but having a couple of their players suspended for the second leg helps.  Still think Bayern will spank them second leg.  A bit like that time the Dons hammered Bayern 2-2 at home, then got a lesson in the second leg.

I'm fucking shit at predictions - good job I don't get paid to do it - I'd have been sacked a long time ago.

Totally wasn't a dive. Exaggeration maybe, but he's going down regardless because he's being impeded and gets a toe to the ball first. Should Rooney just keep running into Schweinsteiger, as if his leg is invisible trip wire, to save his reputation as a possible diver? The impact injury and possibly missing the 2nd leg would be worth it, so long as the internet all knew he wasn't a diver...

United were better than they have been since the Leverkusen games. For all the shit Moyes gets, I think he can look at some if his players and wonder why they haven't delivered all season.

Take off the Rooney tinted glasses for a moment.

He could have jumped the challenge and kept running, but instead he saw an opportunity to get a foul and I genuinely think he noticed it was Schweinsteiger and saw an opportunity to get him sent off.  It was a dive.