aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

You see - with all of these incidents, it's the simulation that's thrown in whether or not they're clipped that bugs me.

You can get fouled and you go down but I don't understand why the instinct isn't to stay on your feet and the theatrics when a player gets fouled is embarrassing.

I always remember a match I was playing in (amateur league) with my brother.  My brother was a quick player, always getting fouled.  He sidestepped this guy who (undoubtedly going for the ball) hoofed my brother right in the shin.  Properly booted him.  But as my brother wasn't running at the time, he didn't go down and still had the ball at his feet, but he could barely walk after a proper whack in the shin so just kicked the ball out and then sat down.

No foul.

The referee (typical Buchan League amateur referee):  "Well, you didnae go doon ma loon."  Only a foul if you hit the deck - how does that encourage fair play!?  It was as blatant a foul as I've ever seen.

Bebe scored a scorcher at the weekend, on loan in Portugal. You remember Bebe, right? That homeless kid with the OUTRAGEOUS first touch.

That first touch. OUTRAGEOUS!

He's scored 9 goals in his last 17 games. A few of which are pure screamers. He's going to be the best player in the world.

• Upvote 2

What a goal from Bebe.  Is he still a Man Utd player then?  They should get him back.  He's better than any of those losers in the team right now...

So - predictions for tonight?  I'm going to stick with what I said before - Man Utd after winning their last two will be a bit higher on confidence and they're going to beat City tonight.

Following the theme of the weekend - goals galore - 4-3.  Rooney to score all 7.

I think Utd might win tonight and suddenly Moyes is the worthy successor, season turnaround, etc. Fellaini MOTM. He looked handy against West Ham and I still think he's key to this Utd team for the future.

So 6-0 city it is then, Fellaini not even in the squad. I would be the worst pundit.

Can't see Aberdeen losing the focus tonight, regardless of it being a midweek trip to Dingwall.  I'll say 2-0 for that one.  Robson with one, the real Rooney with the other.

I didn't think Fellaini was actually any good against West Ham was he?  I thought he looked like a big clumsy cunt as much as anything else.  Needs a haircut too.  If he got a haircut, I bet he'd almost be as good as Peter Pawlett.  Almost.

Celtic fans who get 'high and mighty' about anything should be wholly embarrassed with themselves.

I think I was always on the sort of soft side of this, but having taken a step back, I can see that I said some (and believed what I was saying) embarrassing things in the past.

My brother and Dad remain as delusional as ever though.

A beauty from my Dad pre- League Cup final and Aberdeen selling their 40,000 tickets:

Gladstone Senior:  "If Aberdeen get Rangers in the Scottish Cup final, I'd imagine there would be plenty of Celtic fans in the Aberdeen end."

Gladstone:  "Celtic fans won't get anywhere near Aberdeen tickets - they'll be like gold dust."

Gladstone Senior:  "They surely won't fill Parkhead?  A lot of Rangers fans won't go because it's at Parkhead, and Aberdeen won't sell that many tickets."

Gladstone:  "Aberdeen are on course to sell out their 30,000 for the League Cup final and probably looking for more.  They're going to get nearly 3/4 of Parkhead allocated."

Gladstone Senior:  "Oh..."

Not a fucking clue.

I think I was always on the sort of soft side of this, but having taken a step back, I can see that I said some (and believed what I was saying) embarrassing things in the past.

My brother and Dad remain as delusional as ever though.

A beauty from my Dad pre- League Cup final and Aberdeen selling their 40,000 tickets:

Gladstone Senior:  "If Aberdeen get Rangers in the Scottish Cup final, I'd imagine there would be plenty of Celtic fans in the Aberdeen end."

Gladstone:  "Celtic fans won't get anywhere near Aberdeen tickets - they'll be like gold dust."

Gladstone Senior:  "They surely won't fill Parkhead?  A lot of Rangers fans won't go because it's at Parkhead, and Aberdeen won't sell that many tickets."

Gladstone:  "Aberdeen are on course to sell out their 30,000 for the League Cup final and probably looking for more.  They're going to get nearly 3/4 of Parkhead allocated."

Gladstone Senior:  "Oh..."

Not a fucking clue.

Aberdeen are going to get 3/4 of Parkhead allocated to them if they get to the Scottish Cup final and it's against Rangers?

Nope.

Both sides will get about 25000 tickets - the rest will go to sponsors, hospitality, media etc.

Edited by colb

Aberdeen are going to get 3/4 of Parkhead allocated to them if they get to the Scottish Cup final and it's against Rangers?

Nope.

Both sides will get about 25000 tickets - the rest will go to sponsors, hospitality, media etc.

IF we get to the final and IF it's against rangers then I wouldn't be surprised if we get less than 50%. I was reading that splitting parkhead 50/50 isn't easy.

Apparently the dons have never won a competitive match in Dingwall. Hopefully that will change tonight!

Gladstone, how come you took a step back from following Celtic?

What a goal from Bebe.  Is he still a Man Utd player then?  They should get him back.  He's better than any of those losers in the team right now...

So - predictions for tonight?  I'm going to stick with what I said before - Man Utd after winning their last two will be a bit higher on confidence and they're going to beat City tonight.

Following the theme of the weekend - goals galore - 4-3.  Rooney to score all 7.

He's on loan in Portugal. He still wants to return to United when his loan is up. He's in good form, scoring and assisting, and United scouts have been keeping an eye on him. He's gotta be better than Young and Valencia. And probably even Zaha, who can't even get a game at Cardiff.

1-3 City tonight. Even Aguero-less, I can't see United stopping Silva and Yaya, especially if Carrick is still forced to play centre back.

I think if Moyes "plays it safe" like he keeps doing in the big games, then it's over before it starts. He seems to drop the skilled players for the big games, and goes with Young and Valencia, because they do alot of running. Can't see United getting anything with those two. But if he sticks with what worked at West Ham, with Kagawa and Mata behind Rooney, I think United have a slight chance of getting something. I don't understand how Moyes considers playing his inferior players as "playing it safe", but he keeps saying it. He's just so boring and completely unadventurous.

United will struggle to keep possession, so it would be bonkers not to play players who excel at keeping the ball. Like Kagawa and Mata. And not perennial ball-giver-awayers, like Young and Valencia. Rooney loves scoring against City, so he'll get a consolation goal, but otherwise, I think City will cruise.

I also read that Kompany's ban was going to be extended to 2 games (which would have included tonight), because he gave the referee a pasting before he got sent off at Hull, had a right go at the 4th official on his way off, and then booted the wall in the tunnel. Somehow he got away with that, and the big blockheaded cunt always plays a blinder against United.

Who will start at CM with Fellaini if Carrick plays CB? Cleverley?

Urgh. I think it would be. Or Giggs. I think Fletcher would likely get the runaround in midfield. He's still a fair bit away from 100%.

Fellaini looked pretty awful prior to getting his wrist surgery. He's looked handy since returning though. Gets better with every game. Stick him on Yaya. Man mark him. Elbow him. The works.