aberdeen-music

Hypothetical Questions

ca_gere

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Thought about this one a lot recently. I'd go with super-intelligence. Like a la Tony Stark/Reed Richards level of smart, that makes Stephen Hawking look like a toddler eating crayons.

From there, I could build an Iron Man type suit, build awesome gadgets like Batman, and if I were so inclined I could do a fuckload of mad scientist experiments to try to develop MOAR POWERS!

xx

Absolutely fine. 

I'd choose flying as a superpower. It'd be the most fun. Invisibility would be cool but maybe there's only so many conversations you could eavesdrop on before you got bored of it. Then again you could use the information to a) help the world and b) make mad bank. But you couldn't use the money to make yourself fly. Super strength would be good too (just think of leg day at the gym for example) but not on a daily basis - how often do you really need a lot of strength?

Absolutely fine. 

I'd choose flying as a superpower. It'd be the most fun. Invisibility would be cool but maybe there's only so many conversations you could eavesdrop on before you got bored of it. Then again you could use the information to a) help the world and b) make mad bank. But you couldn't use the money to make yourself fly. Super strength would be good too (just think of leg day at the gym for example) but not on a daily basis - how often do you really need a lot of strength?

But how fast would you be able to go? Flying will always be cool but if you can only go at 30 miles per hour then it would defeat the purpose. I'd want to be able to go so fast that i can reach Australia in circa 1 hour flight time.

But how fast would you be able to go? Flying will always be cool but if you can only go at 30 miles per hour then it would defeat the purpose. I'd want to be able to go so fast that i can reach Australia in circa 1 hour flight time.

Perhaps the ability to teleport to any given destination would be better than flying then. I think I'd prefer that. I don't even like looking out of the window on an aeroplane, so looking down when I'm flying would probably make me puke.

I wouldn't use it for broadening my horizons though, like ZIP! Now I'm at the top of Everest or something. It'd be more like ZIP! to the pub! I'd probably get so lazy I'd use it to get around the house.

I'd be pretty pleased to not have to get on a bus or a train again, and that's what you look for in a superpower. To be pretty pleased with it.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps the ability to teleport to any given destination would be better than flying then. I think I'd prefer that. I don't even like looking out of the window on an aeroplane, so looking down when I'm flying would probably make me puke.

I wouldn't use it for broadening my horizons though, like ZIP! Now I'm at the top of Everest or something. It'd be more like ZIP! to the pub! I'd probably get so lazy I'd use it to get around the house.

I'd be pretty pleased to not have to get on a bus or a train again, and that's what you look for in a superpower. To be pretty pleased with it.

Zip from lying in bed to lying on the couch and vice versa, the ultimate in laziness.