aberdeen-music

50 Booed Off Stage at Reading

Ross

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with Ross regarding the bottling off stage of 50 cents and Rasmus. Its a shame, althought I have seen it all before. Bands are there to play, not to be assaulted.

Although, I watch tons of Rock/metal TV, doesnt mean Im not open minded! (Enya, Bale, Tom Waits are massive influences) Of course you get dumb asses in every genre.

Back to bottling (and trying not to sound like a hypocrite) No band deserve it but even some of the biggest have experienced it! ( The Rolling Stones, G'n'R etc) Im sure the crowd would hate to be bottled by the bands lol!

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

To be honest with ya, i think Mean Fiddler do this kinda shit on purpose because last year it was Primal Scream's turn. It also gives them publicity when something like this happens doesn't it?

They put the Scream on the same bill sandwiched in between bands like Sum 41 and Blink 182 or something like that, it was a bill that was pre-dominantly covered by metal and pop punk acts with Primal Scream being the only indie rock/electronica act on the bill but Bobby Gillespie and Mani apparently didn't give a shit and just goaded the crowds on to throw more bottles.

I remember Daphne & Celeste got bottled off stage as well, and they were sandwiched in between a bunch of nu metal acts on the bill.

You do wonder how long its going to take Mean Fiddler to actually start thinking about scheduling a main stage bill properly that doesn't involve a band member losing their eye or getting smashed in the face cos some fuckwit in the crowd has chucked a bottle onstage...

Guest neil ex

the only band i can recall ever being booed off stage (not to the extent that they were forced to cut their set short though) and throughout their set was the locust when they were supporting yeah yeah yeahs at the barrowlands. i remember one guy shouting out 'get off the stage you pretentious wankers!' but i guess the locust are more than used to being heckled like that.

It brings to mind the insular attitude of certain people on this board, labelling as shite anything they don't like or having a smidgin of success. This success=shite/pretentious inaccessible bollocks=valid and cool is so 19th century.

It brings to mind the insular attitude of certain people on this board' date=' labelling as shite anything they don't like or having a smidgin of success. This success=shite/pretentious inaccessible bollocks=valid and cool is so 19th century.[/quote']

I agree, whatever happened to liking good songs? y'know, song's that have a good melody ect. People are to caught up in pushing the envelope and being "original". When really it's just indicative that they don't know how to write a good song.

I do agree with Ross regarding the bottling off stage of 50 cents and Rasmus. Its a shame' date=' althought I have seen it all before. Bands are there to play, not to be assaulted.

Although, I watch tons of Rock/metal TV, doesnt mean Im not open minded! (Enya, Bale, Tom Waits are massive influences) Of course you get dumb asses in every genre.

Back to bottling (and trying not to sound like a hypocrite) No band deserve it but even some of the biggest have experienced it! ( The Rolling Stones, G'n'R etc) Im sure the crowd would hate to be bottled by the bands lol![/quote']

Hog squire... i`m not calling you narrow minded at all. Just stating that no band deserve to be pelted with bottles etc. Hell I think somone even threw a chair at them.

I guess it is the fault of the Mean Fiddler and their arrangers and the booking agents.

I forgot about the Primal Scream thing from a few years back.

I agree' date=' whatever happened to liking good songs? y'know, song's that have a good melody ect. People are to caught up in pushing the envelope and being "original". When really it's just indicative that they don't know how to write a good song.[/quote']

Indeed. People seem to think that mind blowing complexity and outright weirdness is what makes a good song but by following this method, the only people that will listen to your songs and pretend to get off on them are others of the same ilk. Pretty soon the whole scene disappears up its own arse then shrinks and disappears, leaving a very few musical snobs, deriding anything that a large amount of people relate to as "shite."

Poetry, of course, suffers from the same disease - valid coolness (sic) masquarading as ability and talent.

The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd' date=' and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set.

[/quote']

I thought he'd been shot four times or something? And he runs when someone chucks a plastic bottle? Eh?

Seriously, couldn't you just go and buy a pint or a burger or something and just ignore 50 cent

I agree' date=' whatever happened to liking good songs? y'know, song's that have a good melody ect. People are to caught up in pushing the envelope and being "original". When really it's just indicative that they don't know how to write a good song.[/quote']

man i love you

my thoughts exactly

dont get me wrong i love bits of music where you think "wow thats clever" or summit like that

but in general a good song is way forward. not many better feelings than being at a gig and singing along to that vocal line in that chorus you love so much

sorry crap way of putting it but i guess you know what i mean

Aye, I think this type of behaviour is ridiculous. Yeah not everyone is going to like the same bands, hell it's a bloody festival for God's sake. It's just sad to realise that these idiots have no respect for those artists who work hard to get where they are, or the fans who are actually there to see the artist. I'd be so furious if I'd spent over 100 for that kinda crap to happen.

It's worse in my opinion when it's a bands own gig as it's fair enough that you might not like a band you're watching at a festival [nae excuse for chucking stuff mind] but at Electric Six at the Music Hall people kept throwing things at them! Why pay money to go see a band and then chuck stuff at them?? Assholes.

Guest Sundaram

Tis possible to write a good song that also pushes the envelope and to like melodic and crazy music as well...

Melodic pop/rock can only achieve so musch musically, especially within the constraints of the ol' classic single/3 miunte thing.

Some melodies may stretch over a few minutes with out repitition, maybe your concentration has been shot with all that 80's rock!?:p

................................................................................................................................

The Traveller: http://www.neuscan.com/3--the_traveller.mp3

Together we stand Inseparable in Love: http://www.neuscan.com/Untitled.wma

Vrindavan: http://www.neuscan.com/Vrindavan.wma

Sundaram part one: http://www.neuscan.com/sundaram_part_one.mp3

Sundaram part two: http://www.neuscan.com/rupa--mix_1.wma

:up:

It's worse in my opinion when it's a bands own gig as it's fair enough that you might not like a band you're watching at a festival [nae excuse for chucking stuff mind] but at Electric Six at the Music Hall people kept throwing things at them! Why pay money to go see a band and then chuck stuff at them?? Assholes.

I dont recall anyone throwing things at electric six there was a few people throwing drinks through the crowd.

Guest Nikola Tesla
It was probably the faggots that are into metal

I fail to see how that ^ is relevant to someone being closed minded???

I feel sympathy for any act who get boo'd/bottled off stage. Although audiences are perfectly entitled to show opinions of acts they payed to see, i dont think throwing bottles at them is the best way to do it.