aberdeen-music

50 Booed Off Stage at Reading

Ross

50 Cent Booed Off Stage at Reading

Good to see rock/metal fans with an open mind, politeness and tolerence.

Dicks!

From NME.com

"50 CENT was dramatically booed off stage tonight at the CARLING WEEKEND: READING festival (August 29).

The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd, and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set.

50 and his G-Unit crew were hit by a rain of bottles as they came onstage, and they even started to pick up the missiles and hurl them back towards the front rows.

Chants of 50 Cent is a wanker were heard and the group were jeered and heckled throughout the short appearance.

Attempting to placate the thousands of people, the rapper said: Were just all here to have fun, and even taunted them by challenging them to all put their middle fingers in the air.

One festival goer told NME.COM: What was he even doing up there? It was the worst thing Ive ever seen.

After playing hits including In Da Club, 21 Questions and P.I.M.P, 50 thanked the crowd and promptly walked off.

The star started his set at 8.10pm, twenty minutes earlier than scheduled, and left at 8.35pm. According to the stage times, he was due to play between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.

Apart from The Streets, 50 was the only rap act on todays Main Stage bill on a day dominated by hard rock bands, including Placebo, Lostprophets and Dropkick Murphys.

The Rasmus also suffered a similar fate when they walked offstage today after being pelted by plastic bottles.

Green Day will close this weekends Carling Weekend: Reading festival (August 27-29) when they take to the Main Stage later tonight for their headlining set."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prerogative

I likes this one,

Eyewitnesses at the gig have told NME.COM that as soon as the band came on stage, objects started flying towards where they were playing. One fan had a banner which read Burn The Rasmus.

A fan claimed: People were throwing bottles and mud. There was so much shit on the stage! A few bars into Guilty they stopped playing a walked off stage, which was within the first couple of songs.

A spokesperson for the group told NME.COM the decision to leave the stage was made after bassist Eero was hit in the eye.

I love southerners much more to the point than the northern swine!

To an extent 50 Cent shouldn`t have been on the bill. He doesn`t quite have the rep with the rock crowd like someone like Dr Dre / Eminem / Nas / JayZ / Ice Cude / Ice T etc has.

It`s just a shame for those wanting to see 50 Cent or The Rasmus.

Surely these people should have just gone and watched someone else instead. Plenty of great bands playing Reading this year. Many of which will be big in the next year or so.

Reading / Leeds has always had a "diverse" bill. Rap and rock have gone together for years.

Many great hip hop and rap outfits have played on the main stage at Reading.

I pity the booking agent who arranged for 50 Cent to play as he/she is likely to get a royal ribbing tommorow.

Can you stop saying that please :p

It's Reading/Leeds tradition to bottle off at least one act a year though innit?

I bet Brian and drink were involved...

Having been to countless Readin Festivals i`d say "No....it isn`t!"

The first time it happened was Daphne & Celeste... Stupidest booking ever!

I think Booking Agents just have a laugh sometimes and send their artists out on stupid bills.

To an extent 50 Cent shouldn`t have been on the bill. He doesn`t quite have the rep with the rock crowd like someone like Dr Dre / Eminem / Nas / JayZ / Ice Cude / Ice T etc has.

It`s just a shame for those wanting to see 50 Cent or The Rasmus.

Surely these people should have just gone and watched someone else instead. Plenty of great bands playing Reading this year. Many of which will be big in the next year or so.

Anyone wanting to see The Rasmus is obviously mentally ill and I have no pity if that's the only reason they went.

Guest Richtung

well its obvious to me that all the neds who are into rock went to reading all the smart minded people stayed at home

the idiots dont seem to realise that other people their actually enjoy different styles of music

hence most of the close minded people who go to places like exodus and moshulu say that the likes of liquid and the priory are bad even though most have never been there

Personally speaking i`m not a fan of 50 Cent nor The Rasmus. I just don`t feel that they should have been bottled off stage.

Reading festival is full of a lot of Kids. A lot of kids who are seeing their favourite bands of the momment for the first time. They may be young etc but surely they have a right to see whatever artists they wish at a festival as long as they are on the bill.

In a few years time they may very well change their opinion and think that they were actually shite and get into something else instead.

The main point is that people should have the right to like whatever they want and thus It`s a shame on the Artists and the fans to see them bottled off stage when all they are doing is their job and playing to a new crowd of people.

the idiots dont seem to realise that other people their actually enjoy different styles of music

To an extent I agree with Mark....

If you are subjected to any other genre of music etc then how can you find anything that you like within that genre.

If you watch a Rock / Metal music channel all day and then listen to your Rock/Metal cds at night then that is clearly all that you are likely to get into.

Reading usually has a lot of really good dance / electronica / DnB and hip hop going on in the dance tents. Seen many a good act. Even watched a UK Garage set a few years back and it was incredibly good. I felt and looked totally out of place but enjoyed it none the less.... and besides... Roots Manuva was up next..... "Cheese on Toast!"

Now that's an idea! I could make a fortune selling them.

You missed out the l in bands by the way.

You said it... not me......

Don`t think Eric or Hen'd be too pleased with piss flying around the stage.. electrical equipment and all..... One of the bands may get fried....