aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Did anyone watch the Premier League's 50 Most Amazing Moments on BBC3 last week?A good show full of ace football clips, yet ruined by the "wacky" presenter and contributions from footballing luminaries such as the girl from Atomic Kitten and Bob Fossil from the Mighty Boosh.

Loads of half-naked women around as well (lol, "poove" etc but where was the need?), horrible "banter" between Robbie Savage and Mr Matt-Berry-Turned-This-Show-Down, needless laddish atmosphere, Rizzle Kicks, horrible.

Got me thinking though, how did Le Tissier get so few caps for England? He was a brilliant finisher.

Did anyone watch the Premier League's 50 Most Amazing Moments on BBC3 last week?A good show full of ace football clips, yet ruined by the "wacky" presenter and contributions from footballing luminaries such as the girl from Atomic Kitten and Bob Fossil from the Mighty Boosh.

Bob Fossil does a few of these football clip shows. I saw one about best Euros moments before the Euros started and he was on it, and didn't really seem to know what he was on about. It was horrible. Think it had Fatboy from Eastenders too. Football people!

• Upvote 1

I'd be in two minds about that. Half the time he is utterly wasteful. The other half, he does things no other player can do, dancing through defenders like they're not there, smashing it in from 30 yards. He's infuriating, but when he plays well, he's just untouchable. Consistency is what he needs.

He was missed when he was injured last season, but then he came back and scored in his first two games. Second highest assister as well. If he played well all the time, he'd be as good as anyone. He just has dumb days where he does stupid things and fannies about.

Your most likely right, i just get so fed up watching him, when he is good he is very very good, but he is so inconsistant and so fucking frustrating.

Bob Fossil does a few of these football clip shows. I saw one about best Euros moments before the Euros started and he was on it, and didn't really seem to know what he was on about. It was horrible. Think it had Fatboy from Eastenders too. Football people!

Totally. He clearly didn't know anything about football, they'd just shown him the clip and then filmed him being a fucking fanny. "YEAH TEMURI KETSBIA, HE KICKED THE ADIDAS HOARDING AND THEN THE MCDONALDS HOARDING BECAUSE WHEN HE WAS A LITTLE BOY HE WAS ATTACKED BY A SHOE AND A BURGER". He actually said that. Good grief.

He just shouts a lot. That's his act. He shouts things.

Totally. He clearly didn't know anything about football, they'd just shown him the clip and then filmed him being a fucking fanny. "YEAH TEMURI KETSBIA, HE KICKED THE ADIDAS HOARDING AND THEN THE MCDONALDS HOARDING BECAUSE WHEN HE WAS A LITTLE BOY HE WAS ATTACKED BY A SHOE AND A BURGER". He actually said that. Good grief.

I usually quite like Rich Fulcher, but as you say he's clearly just been shown a clip and asked him to say something about it. People who watch shows like that don't want comedians being dickheads. They want football people talking about football.

He was brilliant but he was really lazy.

nah, i don't think it's fair to call him lazy. he was never going to the type of player who chased everything but he didn't need to because he had great vision and good positional sense. one of the most skillful players of his generation and it's a crime he didn't get more caps. i think he suffered because people saw him as a "luxury" player, whatever that means. i just always thought of him as a match winner. fucking loved le tissier.

nah, i don't think it's fair to call him lazy. he was never going to the type of player who chased everything but he didn't need to because he had great vision and good positional sense. one of the most skillful players of his generation and it's a crime he didn't get more caps. i think he suffered because people saw him as a "luxury" player, whatever that means. i just always thought of him as a match winner. fucking loved le tissier.

He was ahead of his time unfortunately. He'd walk into the England team now where they're crying out for a touch of sheer brilliance.

Didn't Xavi say Le Tissier was the best player he's ever seen? That's quite an accolade. I have much love for the man, one of the things that really got me into football as a kid was that season he hit a bunch of absolute corkers. (he consistently did but there was one season in particular it was like every week - around the schmeicheal flap, reebok sidewinder era, maybe 95/96?)

He'd probably still get a game for England at his age, despite all the beer and gambling. He's better than the bunch of no hopers at the moment. Gaz Baz, Carrick, Henderson, Lamps and Stevie. I bet he's still fitter than Jack Wilshere too.

Xavi says he's one of his favourite players of all time too, and he probably knows a thing or two about good footballers.

And he NEVER MISSED PENALTIES. Crucial.

Hodgson. Call him up. Hodgson Hodgson call him up.

The pass/shot doesn't have to make it to its intended target for the dribble to be successful. Get the ball, beat a man, get rid of the ball, dribble complete.

Surely then every single player would have hundreds of dribbles a game.

Hazard got five. Apparently.

That's your Sahin to Arsenal. According to my Bundesliga knowledgeable friend he's pretty special. Hardly saw him at Real so don't really know. Can't beat a highly-rated youngster/unknown quantity.

If Sahin is anything like as good as he is on FIFA...

...it could be a very very long season for Arsenal

Sahin is good. He was huge for Dortmund in the 3 years he was there. So good. Was touted to be one of the best around. "The next Essien" or whatever they say. Went to Madrid and just didn't play ever. He needs to move and get games. Madrid has ruined his career so far. I rate him higher than Sami Khedira, but he is behind him in the pecking order, and even Lass Diarra somehow.

Haven't heard anything official on Sahin to Arsenal yet though. Not even from TeamTalk, who report any half-truth and then retract it when it turns out to be bogus. They had Moura has "officially" having a medical at United a couple of weeks ago. Dicks.