aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Paul Scholes could have had about 5 yellow cards in this game.

Is that all? Sounds like he's finally improving at 36, or however old he is. Usually it's double figures.

Only saw the highlights. Fellaini just seems to always cause United problems. They just can't handle him. He never looks so dominant in games as he does against United. What gives? De Gea was great. Kagawa looks great too. I read he had the highest pass completion on the pitch, with Rooney having the lowest, because he's a club footed fat cunt. United pinned them back for the last 20 minutes, but it didn't amount to anything. I don't understand why Valencia played right back when Rafael was on the bench and Nani was being so, so, so awful on the right.

Also, what in the fuck is a "completed dribble"? You see it a lot on football stat pages and that. How can you "complete" a dribble? When is a dribble not a dribble? SO WEIRD

Haha, I've never really questioned this either, but now that I think about it, I can't figure out what constitutes a completed dribble either. I guess it's just running with the ball, for a minimum number of steps, or distance, without losing the ball (i.e. passing or scoring at the end of the dribble)?

Not sure what United were really doing with Van Persie last night when he came on. He seemed to float about on the left to begin with then he seemed to go over to the right for a while.

He looked a bit out of sorts, more like the RVP from the Holland squad than the Arsenal one. Obviously I'm not judging him on the one game (25mins really) but they'd be better off in my opinion lining up with RVP central, Rooney to the left as he's proved he can play as the non central striker before and Valencia on the right. Kagawa, Scholes and *Insert holding midfielder they really need to buy here* behind them.

United really need to sell Nani, what a waste of a player, he was terrible last night, if they persist with him all season they will struggle.

I'd be in two minds about that. Half the time he is utterly wasteful. The other half, he does things no other player can do, dancing through defenders like they're not there, smashing it in from 30 yards. He's infuriating, but when he plays well, he's just untouchable. Consistency is what he needs.

He was missed when he was injured last season, but then he came back and scored in his first two games. Second highest assister as well. If he played well all the time, he'd be as good as anyone. He just has dumb days where he does stupid things and fannies about.