aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Anderson, Lindegaard and Schmeichel are the listed goalies, unless one of them has pulled out since 2nd of June?

Nah think I just mis-read. I really hope they do well, failing that, Holland.

This Rangers thing just gets better. They went to the Court of Session to appeal against the year transfer embargo and won so it goes back to the appeal panel who's options are:

The decision by Lord Glennie means the appeal tribunal has three possible sanctions available to it: suspending Rangers from football' date=' expulsion from the game or ejection from the Scottish Cup.

However, it is not clear whether "ejection" from the Scottish Cup is, in fact, a sanction available to the appeal tribunal, since, technically, the tournament has not started for season 2012/13.

[/quote']

So in going against a transfer embargo they have effectively shut the club down.

This Rangers thing just gets better. They went to the Court of Session to appeal against the year transfer embargo and won so it goes back to the appeal panel who's options are:

So in going against a transfer embargo they have effectively shut the club down.

Yeah basically the tribunal now has option of doing nothing or banning Rangers. Other countries have suspended clubs for much less than Rangers transgressions.

There's also the small point that by going to the Court of Session instead of CAS they've broken the articles of association of the SFA, which binds them to abide by the decision of the FA and football's governing bodies and to keep any dispute within those structures.

• Upvote 1

In addition to that the statement from Rangers yesterday basically made a plea that all 3 of those punishments would ruin Scottish football and that they should be lef off with no punishment! Any punishment they get is their own fault though and digging themselves a bigger hole is not the way to get out of it.

There's also the small point that by going to the Court of Session instead of CAS they've broken the articles of association of the SFA, which binds them to abide by the decision of the FA and football's governing bodies and to keep any dispute within those structures.

What does that actually mean for Rangers though? I thought that was the SFA's problem as they can be punished by FIFA?

Rumour is that the SFA will give them the chance to either accept the transfer ban or have no choice but to suspend their membership for a period of time, most likely half a season where all teams due to play them would be given the 3 points. I cant see that happening but im really not sure where the SFA go from here, do they kick them out of scottish football or give them a pointless fine they wont pay, it seems they have their own hands tied by not having proper sanctions in place, but i guess they never expected either of the Old Firm to get into this state and it would have been much easier to kick a Motherwell or Killie out of the SPL.

I think it means that the SFA HAVE to act on the fact they took it to a civil court, if they dont, FIFA will step in and place sanctions against Scottish football.

Wait, so it's Rangers or Scottish football who have their heads on the plate? Great stuff.

Wait, so it's Rangers or Scottish football who have their heads on the plate? Great stuff.

Basically, their actions could have reprecusions for either our national team or our national league in terms of FIFA suspending our national team or excluding all of our clubs from European football. If i remember correctly they said to the Swiss FA that they would ban the national team unless they did something about Sion taking their transfer ban case to civil courts. Sion were eventaully handed a 36 point

Rangers have been very badly advised over all this, i dont think the people who made this decision had any idea what could happen to them, or they thought they were above any meaninful punishment the SFA could throw at them. Either that or they genuienly thought they could get away with it because of who they are. Will be very interesting to see where this goes now, i really cant see them kicking Rangers out of our league, but at the same time they cannot just walk away from this, not now they have been challenged in a civil court. It could possibly be the beginning of the end for Rangers.

Throughout this entire debacle Rangers have displayed the opinion that they are above Scottish football as without them the game here would go into financial meltdown (oh the irony of it all). They continually been digging themselves deeper into the mess by challenging every hint of criticism or sanction thrown at them. I find it hard to believe now they would suddenly turn around and decide to take a punishment for the SFA to avoid sanctions as lets face it, the transfer ban was the best punishment they could get. If anything the transfer ban gives them a year to sort out their finances and player contracts/salaries and do what ever restructuring they need to do before regrouping and actually putting out a decent team again. I am sure they can cope with one year of putting out a team of youngsters. Look at Motherwell/Dundee etv who get by doing exactly the same thing. If anything it would serve to develop any youngsters they have instead of them being shipped off to a 2nd division team for a couple of months every season.

I forgot what I was trying to say but yeah, IMO it is hard to see them suddenly turning around and saying 'Dear SFA, sorry we were dicks, we really don't want to damage our national team so please punish us accordingly'. It is getting to the stage where they really are looking that selfish and foolish.

I got Croatia in the works sweeper. Fucking Croatia! Someone tell me about their good players to cheer me up.

Squad:

1 Stipe Pletikosa Goalkeeper 8 Ognjen Vukojevic Midfielder

12 Ivan Keleva Goalkeeper 10 Luka Modric Midfielder

23 Danijel Subasic Goalkeeper 14 Milan Badelj Midfielder

2 Ivan Strinic Defender 15 Ivo Ilicevic Midfielder

3 Josip Simunic Defender 16 Tomislav Dujmovic Midfielder

4 Jurica Buljat Defender 17 Mario Mandzukic Midfielder

5 Vedran Corluka Defender 19 Niko Kranjcar Midfielder

6 Danijel Pranjic Defender 20 Ivan Perisic Midfielder

11 Darijo Srna Defender 9 Nikica Jelavic Striker

13 Gordon Schildenfeld Defender 18 Ivica Olic Striker

21 Domagoj Vida Defender 22 Eduardo Striker

7 Ivan Rakitic Midfielder - Slaven Bilic Manager/Coach

Although Olic is out.

Throughout this entire debacle Rangers have displayed the opinion that they are above Scottish football as without them the game here would go into financial meltdown (oh the irony of it all). They continually been digging themselves deeper into the mess by challenging every hint of criticism or sanction thrown at them.

I forgot what I was trying to say but yeah, IMO it is hard to see them suddenly turning around and saying 'Dear SFA, sorry we were dicks, we really don't want to damage our national team so please punish us accordingly'. It is getting to the stage where they really are looking that selfish and foolish.

This. The sheer arrogance and aloofness on display from that vulgar shower of shit is staggering, not once has anyone from their side shown any hint of contrition or making an apology.

Kill them with fire!