aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

2 great games so far. Remember how everyone was all 'it's going to pick up soon' after the first few games of the last World Cup - and it never did. Shit games throughout. This is already shaping up to be a great tournament. It's not even all about goals either, Some tidy football got played yesterday and the teams were a lot more value for money than I expected (except the czechs I spose -but they've been poor for a while).

What? South Africa and Mexico beating France, Slovakia beating Italy, Ghana vs Uruguay, Netherlands beating Brazil and then Uruguay, Germany horsing both England and Argentina and then the 3rd/4th place playoff and the final itself. I'll agree it wasn't wall to wall SOCCERBALL!!!! but there were some classic games in there.

it was no '94 or '98 that's for sure. There were some good games but on the whole it was a shit world cup and anyone who says differently... has an opinion that isn't the same as mine. That Slovakia game was good, i'll give you that. Mexico beating France was a mediocre game with a surprising result, as with most other 'upsets' in that tournament.

After a hard week at royal mail am happy to be home, got some German beer and bratwurst sausages in and well looking forward to tonight's games and even better it is an ITV free zone tonight. So no Chiles or Southgate or Townsend or fucking Keane to put up with. My new fave pundit Clarence Seedorf should be about and I think they have roped Jurgan Klinsmann in on the beeb. Why do ITV bother they just haven't a clue how to present football matches. If Jim Beglin is the best they can do as a co-commentator that sums it up.

Meanwhile on the PC inbetween checking this board I am going to play the Euro Championship 2028 as manager of England on FM. its on home soil as well so nae pressure! Sorted! I got Scotland in my group as well, stuffed em in a friendly not so long back!

Predictions... wins for Holland and Germany.

• Upvote 1

If that first one wasn't a penalty that second handball was a stone waller. 5th and 6th officials again proving their worth.

The first one was a definite penalty. The second one was not. His hand was out before the player kicked the ball at it from barely a foot away. You can't award a penalty for that as it has to be an intentional act.

After a hard week at royal mail am happy to be home, got some German beer and bratwurst sausages in and well looking forward to tonight's games and even better it is an ITV free zone tonight. So no Chiles or Southgate or Townsend or fucking Keane to put up with. My new fave pundit Clarence Seedorf should be about and I think they have roped Jurgan Klinsmann in on the beeb. Why do ITV bother they just haven't a clue how to present football matches. If Jim Beglin is the best they can do as a co-commentator that sums it up.

Meanwhile on the PC inbetween checking this board I am going to play the Euro Championship 2028 as manager of England on FM. its on home soil as well so nae pressure! Sorted! I got Scotland in my group as well, stuffed em in a friendly not so long back!

Predictions... wins for Holland and Germany.

Or Clive Tydlesley. Words cannot express how much I hate that fucking cunt, with his stupid pre-written flowery soundbites and his desperate attempt to have his "they think it's all over" moment

don't get me started on Tyldesley, an absolute joke of a commentator yet he is ITV's number one! That channel really should not be allowed near football matches full stop. On the plus side for you English hating Scots supporters, England nearly always do terrible when on ITV!

The Germans didn't play well but still won, sign of a good team.

oh bloody nora both games on ITV today, I have noticed they got Roberto Martinez in as a pundit, he should be on the beeb, far too good for that hapless channel I would think! Really hope the Irish can get something out the game against Croatia, I think they can!

Jesus these ITV commentators are riding Torres since he got on. He's not done much wrong a bad touch on his first chance but a brilliant run. Every time he does something it's like oh Torres made a mess of that, or Torres gets himself tackled there. I thought Spain were looking better since putting on an actual front man. Saying that Llorente should really have started this game, he's the in form man in there squad.

EDIT: There was an amazing one there. Torres made a low cross from inside the box and it got cleared commentator "Torres cross cleared and Torres searches heavenward hoping for divine help".

• Upvote 1

Torres is just an easy target now he looked a bit lively in places but is just lacking in confidence. He might surprise the critics over the course of the tournament.

Be afraid, no doubt ITV will be wheeling out Roy Keane and that most Irish of Irishmen Andy Townsend for the Ireland game... am escaping the pre match shiteness by listening to some punk classics with Tom Robinson on BBC 6 Music!

Hopefully be an open game tonight, getting three points for either team would be a massive bonus given this afternoon's result.