aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

The Russian bird picture is blocked at work, but I went to the dedicated step of emailing the link to myself and opening it on my phone. It was not a disappointment.

I did, unfortunately, do the same earlier with a picture from another forum and was treated to a rather old nipple which was attached to Madonna.

• Upvote 1

It was mutual consent by both club and player, from what the media have let on, but there was alot of talk that Pirlo had a bit of a bust up with Allegri. It's a bit bonkers Milan didn't want to keep him either though.

Him, Vidal and Marchisio is just a ridiculous midfield. A midfield that didn't lose a single domestic game.

On a non-Euros note - I was at the Argentina vs Brazil friendly at Giants Stadium on Sat. It was IN-SANE! One of the best football experiences of my life. 82000 people (almost all actually Brazilian/Argentinean), huge 'tailgate' parties before the game with samba music and all sorts. The game itself was great fun - Messi scored a hattrick, defending was relaxed and there was plenty of action. I can only imagine how amazing it would've been if it was a competitive match. Still, the crowd got what they wanted. I was in the supposed 'nose bleed' seats but I could see perfectly - US stadiums are designed so there aren't any bad seats. That Messi lad is pretty special. I loved seeing him 'off-the-ball' for the first time. His positioning is unbelievable. He just trots into little pockets of space and then bursts into life. His third goal was sublime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMPK5DLEXk

Edit: Neymar did fuck all. Didn't even look good on the ball.

• Upvote 2

Apparently the England team is :

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Milner Gerrard Parker Oxlade-Chamberlain,

Young Welbeck

About the best that could be hoped for given the squad. The main thing is no Downing and Henderson, always a plus.

There's a team that starts out well and gradually gets worse as you're reading it.

Hmm. I hope it's not really 4-4-2. I hope it's more 4-2-3-1, with Young behind Welbeck, Gerrard and Parker deep and Ox and Milner either side of Young. Even then, Theo should be in for Milner. Johnson gets loads of stick for being a bollocks defender, but he's definitely better than he used to be defensively. Theo gets alot of stick too, but he's had a very good season.

I don't agree the team gets worse up top. Young and Welbeck are good players and both play for a massive club. Apart from Rooney, there's probably no better English attackers than those two. At least they are actually strikers too. Spain don't even bother fielding any.

Hmm. I hope it's not really 4-4-2. I hope it's more 4-2-3-1, with Young behind Welbeck, Gerrard and Parker deep and Ox and Milner either side of Young. Even then, Theo should be in for Milner. Johnson gets loads of stick for being a bollocks defender, but he's definitely better than he used to be defensively. Theo gets alot of stick too, but he's had a very good season.

I don't agree the team gets worse up top. Young and Welbeck are good players and both play for a massive club. Apart from Rooney, there's probably no better English attackers than those two. At least they are actually strikers too. Spain don't even bother fielding any.

For me I'm not convinved Welbeck is experienced enough for this level yet, he's scored a few goals but for a top of the league team that carve out shitloads of chances. Not quite convinced by him yet. Darren Mackie could score 10 goals for this Man United team. Young's more of a wide player than an out and out striker isn't he?