aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

Thing to also remember is its not going to stop trying to climb the walls even if you trim its claws, not now it knows it can do it, all thats going to happen is its going to bounce off your walls for the next few weeks. You need to get him into a routine, feed him the same time, even if your up at a different time, wear him out before you go to bed and take him to your room so he knows when it all goes dark its time to sleep.

There is nothing more fun than a cat when its so hyper its ears are pinned right back and its eyes are HUGE, thats the only time i dont play fight with my skin showing with scampi. My boss actually asked me if i was cutting myself after one night of fighting with her all night, my hands were in pieces.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you have a great cat, the best ones are always the most mischievous when they're younger, he will grow up to be a fun cat when is older. Like i say man you just have to accept he will make your sleeping life hell for another 6 months or so. Make sure you have plenty of toys as well, laser pen, those things with the feathers on them, teddy bears, tin foil works really well for scampi, a little ball of tin foil can keep her happy for hours. She also now has possession of a feather boa that used to belong to Gill, what a fun morning that was when she found it!

I talk far too much about cats.....

• Upvote 1

Lets talk about cats. Our cats. Lets talk about what's great about them and unleash a shitstorm on those who come to state their disliking of one of the best house pets ever.

tiger.jpg

www.knightsaberdeen.com/tiger.jpg

This is what my cat looked like at 11 weeks old. It is now 10 months old and is much bigger. I live in the country and the cat has its own catflap on the back door so it can come and go as it pleases. It likes to bring back baby rabbits that are usually still alive. Last week a neighbour from quite a distance away rang to say my cat was annoying her cat. I went down and found my male cat really was "annoying" a female cat.

So tomorrow morning at 9am it is due to get the big chop from the vet.

The only trouble is I think somebody has told my cat as it hasn't been seen this 10am.

• Upvote 3

My cat was making a racket last night. Went through to see it on top of the curtain rail. Then this morning it was on the chest of drawers. I lifted it off, but it's nails was in a bag, and I spilled my mrs' make up everywhere. I was so tired I didn't even give the cat in to trouble. Just threw it in the living room, closed the door and went back to bed. Little bastard.

We were cat-sitting (just typed "baby-sitting", let's not go there) for my Mum's colleague while she was on holiday in Prague or someplace. The cat was a right scaredy, spent most of his time under our dining-room table. Picky sod wouldn't drink anything that wasn't cat milk, wouldn't eat dry food, wouldn't use the litter tray unless it was immaculate, nightmare.

That and when we got back once we couldn't find the cat anywhere. We eventually did - we have three floors with a central staircase and a tall bannister, but it would be a bloody long drop to the bottom if, say, a cat were to jump. He was perched on the bannister. Heart attack central. The cunt.

water pistol is definitely the way to go as far as im concerned, one of our cats used to scratch the shit out of the leather dining room chairs until we discovered his total intolerance for any form of moisture. wish i had discovered that before he ruined half the fucking chairs though......now he shits it whenever you pick up the water pistol.

He runs away doing what i have coined the 'wet cat dance' where each paw comes up and gets shaken as he walks away, even if there is nothing in the pistol. priceless

water pistol is definitely the way to go as far as im concerned, one of our cats used to scratch the shit out of the leather dining room chairs until we discovered his total intolerance for any form of moisture. wish i had discovered that before he ruined half the fucking chairs though......now he shits it whenever you pick up the water pistol.

He runs away doing what i have coined the 'wet cat dance' where each paw comes up and gets shaken as he walks away, even if there is nothing in the pistol. priceless

My cat sits in the kitchen sink and plays with the water coming out of the tap. It's completely removed our one source of power over it (water).

Took the cat to the vet yesterday to get it's first vaccine, nail's clipped and wormed.

Turns out it's a girl. And it doesn't hate us at all. It was actually quite happy. And we were happy, turns out without super sharp claws it can't climb stuff. Brilliant.

Got to take it back in 3 weeks for the second and last course of injections, then once it starts it's season we need to think about the £70 speying.

Guest davetherave

I guess, I'm a part time cat owner? My neighbours cat is cool, it sits in the conservatory with me at weekends, and comes to say hello when I pull up on the drive. It does that cat talking thing like "Charlie Says" on the

. It likes my clean guitar playing, but not any distorted harmonics ;)
  • Upvote 3

Be a man and put her in the box.

Trust me i have tried, she howls horribly if you try, and squirms and scratches, i have tried getting my flat mate to hold her feet so we can get her in but no chance. She wont go near the box, when i used to take it out she would panic and hide, and i tried just having the box out all the time, but she would just avoid it, she would rather walk round the outside of the room than be near it. Vet says i could get something to calm her down so i can get her into see them but i havent tried that yet. I have known people who never get any of their cats vaccinations without any issues so im willing to take the risk.