aberdeen-music

Things that make you realise you are getting old

fatboy

Being old(er) isn't too bad. I can now afford to sleep in hotels when i go on holiday rather than a bug-infested room ins ome shit-hole motel. I also now drive a car that doesn't break down and can demolish most ned-wagons on the road. I find pleasure in going for walks in the great outdoors and doing the tiling in my kithchen made me dead proud of myself. Fair enough life may have been a bit wilder when i was younger but mellowing out is pretty decent imo.

I didn't get ID'd in a supermarket today, i pretty much consider this the beginning of the end.

Just wait. One day, years from now you'll get ID'd and it'll be the best thing to happen to you all week. I haven't been ID'd since I was 17. So 14 years ago. I got ID'd in Morrisons 2 months ago and thought it was brilliant.

Also got ID'd in Camden last month but I think the bouncer was just looking for an excuse to refuse a group of guys entry into a busy pub.

Just wait. One day, years from now you'll get ID'd and it'll be the best thing to happen to you all week. I haven't been ID'd since I was 17. So 14 years ago. I got ID'd in Morrisons 2 months ago and thought it was brilliant.

Also got ID'd in Camden last month but I think the bouncer was just looking for an excuse to refuse a group of guys entry into a busy pub.

Getting ID'd for a nail clippers is totally depressing though!

Guest davetherave

Hangovers get worse as you get older, at 25 I never had any, at 35 they would last an hour or two the next day. At 45 it takes a whole fucking weekend to recover !

I've always had horrific hangovers, like real ones. Horrific indigestion, will be sick a few times through the day, shit that makes my arse feel like the gateway to hell, lose almost all of my motor skills. I'm the same as PA too, i get a horrifying feeling that i was an almighty cunt the night before and feel the need to apologise to everyone, and i have almost never done anything wrong.

When I was out with you in Korova you were an almighty cunt...

• Upvote 2

Well as you were coming out of the Korova toilets you clocked this girl with gigantic baps. Too worried about potential back damage caused by an ill fitting bra you lost your footing on the wet steps and came crashing down like a piano down a helter skelter. It was beautiful.

• Upvote 2

The Fifa games make me feel old. To me, life started when I got Fifa International/95. Now we're up to 2012!

The fact I like to go home and get 'settled' on week nights. I need at least a 2 hour buffer before going to bed. None of this staying out late nonsense.

The fact I now pay for meals when eating out with my parents. I don't need to but I feel obliged coz i'm an, like, an adult yeah?

Cartoons and kids tv shows make me feel old too. Have you watched any of them recently. It's all drug references and ironic anti-humour. What happened to colourful slapstick?

Cartoons and kids tv shows make me feel old too. Have you watched any of them recently. It's all drug references and ironic anti-humour. What happened to colourful slapstick?

I love these. Adventure Time and Regular Show are awesome. I could totally put up with being a parent with an arsenal like that.