aberdeen-music

Things that make you realise you are getting old

fatboy

No she was quite tall and normal human colour from what i remember.

I dont remember my school time being that bad, a bit of bullying but nothing more than most folk would endure i suppose and a heap of exams i never studied for yet passed, if i had the chance to go back id leave school early tho and get an apprenticeship rather than be forced to go to uni so the school can get another figure on their stats.

• Upvote 1

No she was quite tall and normal human colour from what i remember.

I dont remember my school time being that bad, a bit of bullying but nothing more than most folk would endure i suppose and a heap of exams i never studied for yet passed, if i had the chance to go back id leave school early tho and get an apprenticeship rather than be forced to go to uni so the school can get another figure on their stats.

Yeah school wasn't bad, but I wouldn't get particularly nostalgic about the time either. Average, that's what school was.

If anything, I'm the other way around. I used to wear earplugs religiously at gigs and practices from the age of about 15 onwards. if I forgot to bring them, I'd stuff some tissue in there at the very least. These days I don't even own a pair of plugs, and just generally think "ah, whatever"

I wish i had been like that, sadly years of being too punk rock in a captain toms practise room has left me with a wonderful ringing noise when im in a silent room. I dont think it effects me day to day in anyway, but it is something i am now worried about, prob should have worried about it years ago but thats rock and roll for you.

I hated school, so I too am glad 10 years has passed. I like browsing Facebook to see how many of the folk I went to school with now have 4 kids with no dad, and paint themselves bright orange. It seems that so many people I went to school with continued to be horrible, horrible people. Good for them.

I also recently found out the single most horrid arsehole I went to school with was killed in a car crash not long after he left school. He was a rotter. Broke a few legs playing football in PE, stole bikes from the bike shed, threatened people with knives, and generally gave people weaker than him good kickings. He also took a shit in the sports hall (like, in the middle of the sports hall) and blamed it on some other lad, who then got expelled.

He has a FB page in tribute to him. Lots of people saying how great he was. Don't know why they are still sucking up to him. What's he gonna do? He's dead now.

I'm a bro with cool stories.

• Upvote 1

Guest davetherave

Now I'm the wrong side of 45, I find myself shouting at things on the television and growling loudly at meanderthals (folk wandering aimlessly on pavements while using their mobile). I have much less patience (I've walked out of restaurants due to slow service), and experienced my first bout of "air rage" last year. I've also started to shout at self service tills and technology that refuses to do what its supposed to, "techno-rage" I guess? Fuck I'm getting to be a grumpy old bastard :mad:

On the up side, I havent been to a doctor in over 20 years and everything still works as it should! ;)

• Upvote 1

Now I'm the wrong side of 45, I find myself shouting at things on the television and growling loudly at meanderthals (folk wandering aimlessly on pavements while using their mobile). I have much less patience (I've walked out of restaurants due to slow service), and experienced my first bout of "air rage" last year. I've also started to shout at self service tills and technology that refuses to do what its supposed to, "techno-rage" I guess? Fuck I'm getting to be a grumpy old bastard :mad:

On the up side, I havent been to a doctor in over 20 years and everything still works as it should! ;)

Name change: davetherage

• Upvote 1