aberdeen-music

What happened to our scene?

-HH-

Don't start a genre discussion on these forums - it's like a can of worms. Worms I tell ya.

Alkaline loves a bit of ambient metal. I can tell you that for nothing.

I wasn't meaning to start a genre discussion. I was just asking him.

I like lots of different things in all honesty. My favourite bands at the moment are Wintersleep, mewithoutYou, Jeniferever, Aereogramme, Shai Hulud, Rosetta, Isis etc etc etc

Hmm, can't help you there.

That song "All i ever had" I think? Probably the best song by a local band i have heard :)

All I've Ever Done, it's a belter if i do say so myself.

It was all about the passion in Genevieve be it visceral or beautiful that's what i loved about being in that band. We were also different live and on CD. Best band i've been in by far and probably an unrealistic bench marker for anything i may be involved in in the future.

I like lots of different things in all honesty. My favourite bands at the moment are Wintersleep, mewithoutYou, Jeniferever, Aereogramme, Shai Hulud, Rosetta, Isis etc etc etc

I've never heard them, but I'm pretty much going to like Shai Halud just for the bands name. I saw Kenny's old band Hauler at the Malt Mill. He had a stereo guitar set up- two amps. I was right jealous.

All I've Ever Done, it's a belter if i do say so myself.

It was all about the passion in Genevieve be it visceral or beautiful that's what i loved about being in that band. We were also different live and on CD. Best band i've been in by far and probably an unrealistic bench marker for anything i may be involved in in the future.

Do you have a copy you could send me, i used to have the CD but sadly it was lost when my old pc died.

*Edit* yus your myspace still exists :) but still if you can send me an MP3 i would be most grateful :)

At its heart this thread had a good point, but the status quo non-contributors shouted it down without much thought or true consideration. The simple fact is that most people on this website don't really care about local bands. People who are serious about promoting their music go elsewhere, or at the very least, don't spend too much time here.

You should totally buy a Kilau Christmas cd Robert. 17 local artists (I think exclusively members of this website), for the most part DIY recording songs specifically for a one off compilation, sold at a local shop/music venue.

Besides, I don't think people are so much shouting down as playfully ripping the piss. I was really surprised when people started taking this thread seriously.