aberdeen-music

Google+

Benji

Rolling out a social networking site by limiting the number of people who can sign up to it? Hmm.

Initially it's limited. Standard beta > alpha release model nowadays. Doesn't overload the system before it's ready, creates that 'I want in' buzz and allows developers to tweak things before they are hated by absolutely everybody.

Apple dont do this and look how final cut pro x is doing.

Apple dont do this and look how final cut pro x is doing.

...How IS it doing?

That's a bit unfair, though: Apple are targeting certain professions etc. with FCPro, while Google+ is aimed at everyone. I doubt EVERYONE would need or even want to use Final Cut Pro when you get iMovie/Windows Movie Maker with your machine nowadays.

...How IS it doing?

That's a bit unfair, though: Apple are targeting certain professions etc. with FCPro, while Google+ is aimed at everyone. I doubt EVERYONE would need or even want to use Final Cut Pro when you get iMovie/Windows Movie Maker with your machine nowadays.

It's irrelevant who the product is aimed towards or what it does.

Google are using the simple logic that if you allow a small number of 'testers' to try it first you get feedback that means you can fix bugs/glitches/flaws before it's unleashed for everyone. Apple don't do that with their software (although they do with iOS for devs) which means a lot of Apple software crashes and burns. Most of the time it's a great product because they're the best company in the world in terms of knowing what users want but sometimes they get it wrong.

If you're actually interested, FCP X is doing pretty badly: Final Cut Pro X Experiencing Backlash From Customers

Guest Bob Knob

I had a look around the other day then deleted the account. Not that much different to Facebook as far as I can see. Not enough to make me switch over at least.

I'm using it much the same way I've been using MySpace and Facebook for the past 6 years...to longingly and lustfully look at photographs of girls I won't ever make love to.