aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Definitely a gargantuan improvement under Brown. I think the majority of the players Brown has brought in are of a good standard for Aberdeen and I will be expecting them to get a top 6 finish next season. Arguably too many central-midfielders and not enough wide players, but hey, at least our central midfield isn't comprised of Mark Kerr and Gary MacDonald!

EDIT: Okay - just found this out all by myself by using the internet.

Hooray progress!

As for Brown, he absolutely deserves another season. There's going to be a lot of players leaving in the net few months so he should get the chance to take in some new blood and I think the kind of players he's been taking in should see us in the top 6 next season. Would like to see some of the youngsters stick around though instead of fucking off at the first sniff of some cash.

• Upvote 2

There's some horrid wankers at the Blunts. Fuck them all.

Probably not on a par with the guy that went around raping people, though.

I wasn't suggesting Brown goes btw! Just seeing what everyone thought. Also, I disagree with this suggestion that youth move to England just for the cash: an offer from a Championship team, whilst meaning a significant raise in wages, could also be their only chance to have a shot at 'the big time'. To say all youngsters moving there is a bit cynical, I think a big chunk see it as seizing an opportunity that might only come around once.

Ah champions elect Fleetwood Town arrive at the Abbey Stadium to play a depleted Cambridge United, they've only lost three games all season and they were all early in the season. They are being bank rolled, fucks sake they turned down million pound bids for Jamie Vardy from three championship clubs in the transfer window! Oh well will probably see our patchwork team get proper cunted but you never know they might have been on the sherry all week since winning the title.

Also, I disagree with this suggestion that youth move to England just for the cash: an offer from a Championship team, whilst meaning a significant raise in wages, could also be their only chance to have a shot at 'the big time'. To say all youngsters moving there is a bit cynical, I think a big chunk see it as seizing an opportunity that might only come around once.

I was discussing this with my brother yesterday. I think these days with the current state of the Scottish game it is just a far more attractive option to move down south even if it means not playing games each week. Our top flight is in a bit of turmoil with the SPL members at loggerheads with league restructuring, one of the biggest teams is in danger of going bust and the football isn't really that great. To me it then becomes a question of whether first team football here is better than the facilities, coaching and attention they will receive from clubs down in England.

Ba is still ace. He's not relied on as the goalscorer as much, but look at the size of him. When he gets the ball, he is untacklable. Built like a house. He plays a huge role in the build up play. He's so great on the ball despite looking like a big clumsy lump. Cisse and Ba is a great partnership. They both compliment each other very well. I'm sure he'd prefer to be scoring goals, but he's being used to his strengths as Cisse looks like the more complete striker to get on the end of stuff, whilst Ba mucks in and plays more creatively. Like Shearer and Sheringham did for England. It's a great balance.

So I tottered off down to the home of toilet football - The Abbey Stadium - for an afternoon's 'entertainment' where I was convinced my team would be utterly pillaged and completely stuffed. Fleetwood have not been beaten in 30 BSP games, they have bought the league well their ambitious chairman has. Ok so the cynics would argue that they had nothing to play for but neither had we and surely they would want to keep this run going and haul the record BSP points tally set by similar big spending money side Crawley Town last season.

Bear in mind Cambridge had 8 first team players injured and 2 on the pitch were carrying knocks. We raped them from start to finish bar 20 mins at the start of the second half but even then our keeper wasn't forced into making a save. 2-0 flattered them we should have scored half a dozen. Also pleasing 7 of the starting line up were from our own youth academy. A good way to finish our home campaign, just so lovely to experience those rare moments when you feel really bloody good about the game!

• Upvote 1