aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

You make it sound like his place of birth was some sort of secret. It's not as though his accent, Wikipedia page or passport would have given the game away.

How does saying 'it's common knowledge he's a Weegie' make it seem like it was some sort of a secret?

The Suarez kick last night was fucking disgusting.

ibz2dg0uThuYMd.gif

He nudges Parker. Looks at the ball, looks at Parker then just kicks him. Nowhere near the ball not even close if he was timing it. Truly disgusting.

Kenny's siege mentality is total madness. How he keeps argueing the case is beyond me. It's clear Suarez has never learnt his lesson despite lengthy bans, not to mention the one in Holland for biting an opposition player.

• Upvote 1

I'm not so sure - I hate the wee rat, but it looks like he's expecting Parker to miss the ball (because of his little shove) and swings for where it will be if he does

I can see where you are coming from but he doesn't swing his leg until after the ball hits Parker on the head. Even if he had began to make the movement he had time to attempt to stop the kick, but it looks like he did not attempt to restrain himself at all. A huge difference between attempting to pull out of doing it and a full blooded swing when you can see you have no chance at all of getting the ball.

I think people need to take into consideration that he's 7 yards from goal and is a predatory striker at the top of his game. All he's thinking there is 'GOAL'. If the nicest guy in football misses the header he's volleying it into the top corner. I really don't think his thought process involved malice there. Maybe i'm blind.

Nah, looked at it again... he jostles/pushes the nicest guy in football then decides to swing thinking he's made the space. A ball on a vertical trajectory is much harder to gauge in terms of distance than if it's coming in horizontally so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I think Suarez was probably just trying to point out that he hates white people too. Vintage Airman Scott Parker played a blinder last night as did Old Bay, Nae Knees and Dawson. Bale and Walker had an off day, Modric and Adebayor were anonymous. Happy with a point though given the fact it was an away game.