aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I too COMPLETELY LEGALLY stream from the Fox Soccer channel. It's usually in HD too, so the picture is amazing, but it's also English commentators, so none of this "What a play! Screen pass through the defensive line. Donovan with the one timer to send the goaltender the wrong way. Two to Nothing!!"

I hope it actually is a mental day. Big money moves with big clubs involved. I hope Arsenal make a handful of panic buys, purely brought in on a "do you play in midfield, and do you have a montage of your skills on youtube?" criteria.

Rumours I've heard so far is Tiote to United for 13million. That won't happen though. He seems to not want to ever live in a city bigger than Newcastle.

Modric is signing for Chelsea for 33million, but he's also signing for United and Arsenal. Not sure he'll be allowed to play for 3 teams. We'll have to see.

Chelsea's Lukaku and Daniel Sturridge are to be joining EVERYONE on loan until next summer.

Goetze, Hazard, Sneijder, Marin, Kaka, Schweinsteiger, Diego and Scott Parker are all Arsenal-bound to replace Fabregas and Nasri.

I hope it actually is a mental day. Big money moves with big clubs involved. I hope Arsenal make a handful of panic buys, purely brought in on a "do you play in midfield, and do you have a montage of your skills on youtube?" criteria.

Rumours I've heard so far is Tiote to United for 13million. That won't happen though. He seems to not want to ever live in a city bigger than Newcastle.

Modric is signing for Chelsea for 33million, but he's also signing for United and Arsenal. Not sure he'll be allowed to play for 3 teams. We'll have to see.

Chelsea's Lukaku and Daniel Sturridge are to be joining EVERYONE on loan until next summer.

Goetze, Hazard, Sneijder, Marin, Kaka, Schweinsteiger, Diego and Scott Parker are all Arsenal-bound to replace Fabregas and Nasri.

Well Lukaku can't go on loan to an EPL team because you can't sign for an EPL team then be loaned out to another in the same window. Apparantly there is a rule against that.

Chelsea have set up an hour long trasfer day special on Chelsea tv for tonight and the only previous times they've done that is for Torres and Shevchenko.

So... whoever that is has got the kiss of death already! :laughing:

latest rumour just posted on BBC website is Craig Bellamy to QPR. I miss Sky Sports News on deadline day since they took it off freeview!

Arsenal on the verge of signing three players - none of whom I have heard of admittedly! But when your from the bottom looking up you can often be ignorant.

Meanwhile in toilet land football I really hope Cambridge can sign a striker today, we only have one fit one in the first team squad at the mo and the manager didn't even play him on Saturday!

Guest Gladstone

Fucksake:

BBC Sport - Wigan agree 1m fee for Celtic's Shaun Maloney

Any time I've seen Maloney so far this season he's looked pretty fucking good. He is very injury prone though I guess. Last season (after being out for absolutely bloody ages) he started brightly but then was injured for about three quarters of the season, so maybe 1m isn't too bad, given that he'll be out of contract at the end of the season (I think).

Sold him for 1m, bought him back for 2.5m and will sell him again for 1m.

Meanwhile in toilet land football I really hope Cambridge can sign a striker today, we only have one fit one in the first team squad at the mo and the manager didn't even play him on Saturday!

Aberdeen striker Michael Paton is leaving on a free. Grab yourself a bargain.

4 goals in 50 appearances, but he's a great lad to have about the place.

[/JCalderwood]

I don't think today is going to be much fun from a Middlesbrough perspective. The downside of having an unbeaten start to the season is that the Premier League sharks are circling the waters around Rhys Williams, Matthew Bates and Marvin Emnes who've all been excellent for us this season (and the back end of last season in the case of Williams and Bates). Bah.

Balotelli to Spurs the latest wacky rumour.

His player profile has been removed from the City website (I checked).

Bah. I just came on to post this.

Tom Huddlestone was posting on twitter earlier: "Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow."

Think he's just trying to wind up Spurs fans though.

Joe cole to Villa would be a great move for both parties. If he can stay fit, he's some player I tell you. I think 'Arry would struggle to control Mario, he's undoubtedly an outstanding talent though, so could be a winner. Have they not already signed Adebayor on loan as well though? From City and all.

Aberdeen striker Michael Paton is leaving on a free. Grab yourself a bargain.

4 goals in 50 appearances, but he's a great lad to have about the place.

[/JCalderwood]

Sounds like the usual strike rate forward Cambridge sign! The good news is our manager expressed the desire to sign a striker. The bad news is he was moaning he could only afford to pay a week's wages so I guess that's Kaka and Bellamy out the equation then!

Guest Gladstone

Wenger just called and asked me to sign.

Mulling it over just now.

I am a midfielder and in my prime (29 years old), so I'm an ideal replacement for Fabregas apparently.