aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Well their main two central are Charlie Adam and Steven Gerrard. Both of whom pretty much live off of always having the ball and Hollywood passes.

Joey Barton would actually fit in really well their I think and give them something different.

Lucas. Stand-out in a poor midfield last year.

Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson can all play centrally, and with Kuyt probably playing wide right I don't know they could justify signing Barton too.

He'll go to Arsenal IMO (especially after hearing JB's agent on Talksport on my drive home).

Lucas. Stand-out in a poor midfield last year.

Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson can all play centrally, and with Kuyt probably playing wide right I don't know they could justify signing Barton too.

He'll go to Arsenal IMO (especially after hearing JB's agent on Talksport on my drive home).

Lucas will play DM still though surely and Henderson isn't nearly as good as Barton imo.

Would quite like to see him at Arsenal could do a good job there.

Lucas will play DM still though surely and Henderson isn't nearly as good as Barton imo.

Would quite like to see him at Arsenal could do a good job there.

Depends what system they play tbh. Lucas will definitely sit in, but if they play a 4-4-2 to accommodate both Carroll and Suarez then there will only be two central midfield spaces (you would think Gerrard and Lucas when all fit, with perhaps Adam playing wide left in a 'Beckham role').

Good to see Hearts implode so early in the season, that guy is nuts, why the hell would you sack the first decent manager the clubs had since he took over?

Thompson also signs for Kanuas, i guess they are not so bothered about pedo's over there.......

On the Scotland note, i am quietly optimistic about qualifying, not because of the group, but because of the players we now have, we have a midfield that could cut it with any team in our group, if Adam, Fletcher, Brown, Dorrans and Morrison are in form they can match most teams. We just need to sort out the defense, any team that relies on a Caldwell is going to struggle. Although he at least has Mcgregor to back him up. Bring it on i say!

Good to see Hearts implode so early in the season, that guy is nuts, why the hell would you sack the first decent manager the clubs had since he took over?

Thompson also signs for Kanuas, i guess they are not so bothered about pedo's over there.......

On the Scotland note, i am quietly optimistic about qualifying, not because of the group, but because of the players we now have, we have a midfield that could cut it with any team in our group, if Adam, Fletcher, Brown, Dorrans and Morrison are in form they can match most teams. We just need to sort out the defense, any team that relies on a Caldwell is going to struggle. Although he at least has Mcgregor to back him up. Bring it on i say!

That mob at Tynecastle is just an absolute circus. It's quite hilarious. I'm beginning to despise Hearts less and less; instead finding them to be a huge source of amusement.

You make a fair point about the Scotland midfield - you're right, when these players are on form, it has the makings of a very good midfield. However, when do these players ever show true form for Scotland? Very very rarely, and the chances of two or three of them hitting form in the same game, or even run of games, is also highly unlikely.

I completely agree on the defensive issue with Scotland. A massive problem will also be the scoring of goals. I fear Scotland will, yet again, be relying on the goal-scoring brilliance of Kenny Miller. I quite like Miller in the sense that he runs his socks off and genuinely loves playing for Scotland. It's just a shame he's not really international standard, in my opinion.

That mob at Tynecastle is just an absolute circus. It's quite hilarious. I'm beginning to despise Hearts less and less; instead finding them to be a huge source of amusement.

You make a fair point about the Scotland midfield - you're right, when these players are on form, it has the makings of a very good midfield. However, when do these players ever show true form for Scotland? Very very rarely, and the chances of two or three of them hitting form in the same game, or even run of games, is also highly unlikely.

I completely agree on the defensive issue with Scotland. A massive problem will also be the scoring of goals. I fear Scotland will, yet again, be relying on the goal-scoring brilliance of Kenny Miller. I quite like Miller in the sense that he runs his socks off and genuinely loves playing for Scotland. It's just a shame he's not really international standard, in my opinion.

Im hoping with Adam finally coming into the fold it will free Fletcher from the playmaker role Scotland seem to lump him with, its not his game at all, he is best at being a workhorse in midfield, let Adam play the balls forward with Dorrans and Morrison, leave Fletch to sit and cover the defense, god knows Caldwell needs it!

If Goodwillie gets his move, and Steven Fletcher sticks his dummy back in we could be ok upfront, your right about Miller, great guy, but not really international class, we need a proven goal scorer (Boyd im looking at your fat ass) to play along side him, let miller run about making space for someone who can actually finish regularly. Lets not forget we also have the wonderful Maguire coming through.................little fucking gold digger (sorry)

I think the bottom line is, if we start wtih Caldwell, Berra and Miller with Fletcher in the hole behind him we are screwed, if Levin is brave and goes for it with the slightly less tested players we could be in with a good shout.

The first decent manager he has had since sacking George Burley the day after taking over after the amazing start to the season

As I've stated before, Hearts were my childhood club, I grew up a few minutes from Tynecsatle. Romanov ruined them and now I really couldn't care less what happens to Hearts.

When will you people realise, Kenneth is basically the offspring of William Wallace and Terry Butcher... ;)

William Wallace was shite at fitba though.

K Miller is 32 in December. Assuming we're talking about qualification for Brasil I don't think we can rely on him. He might even retire from international football after we win Euro 2012.

Away to Serbia, Croatia and Belgium Levein might pull out the tried and tested 5-5-0 formation so it doesn't really matter if we have no good non-fat, non-rapist strikers actually willing to play for their country. As long as we can defend set pieces we'll pick up some 0-0s.

We also have Faddy to come back to the side. It will be intersting to see how he returns after his injury and to what sort of form. With the midfield MilnerD mentioned and Faddy playing wide left or off a main striker we could have some real threat. We have some talented strikers who just seem to fall off the rails, if one of them grows up we might have a goalscorer!

Agree about the defence though, we just can't seem to get a partnership or a dominating centre half in. We'd as well have Titus Bramble in than a Caldwell

Do you think Faddy will get much a look in now? Levin doesnt seem to like him that much and they fell out last year didnt they? Shame, on his day he was a Scotland talisman, just never quite got there at club level on a regular basis.

Do you think Colin Hendry and David Weir could get us to the world cup? Even they would be better than either Caldwell and Berra.

You want a bit of Barry Bannan in there. What a tidy little lad he is. Silks and tekkers. He dinks it around like Xavi. He might even be better than Xavi. Yes. Definitely better than Xavi.

Darren Fletcher has been shit over the past 12 months, and he's probably going to die from that bellyache he's had for 6 months.

Bannan in. Bannanin.