aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Also apparently taking in a winger and striker from Fulham today..... or so the chat sites say: Charles Banyan and Lauri Dalle Valle.

Lauri Dalle Valle.

My word; this guy has been kicking about for years, having been thrown about as the next big thing. I can't help but feel he's going to be the next Nii Lamptey or Sonny Pike, but I'd welcome the opportunity to see if he can cut it even at SPL level.

Vernon to Sunderland for 300k? I'd bite their hand off, ive seen skyscrapers that are more mobile than him on a saturday. Maybe we could tempt them with offering 150k back to them if they take Makie as well.

Man U game was good, how City were 2-0 up that game!!! Cleverly looks a cleverly kind of player.........(ill get my coat)

Vernon to Sunderland for 300k? I'd bite their hand off

that would be a crazy decision. We need to find the right player to play alongside him not make our attack even weaker. Vernon may not be the most skillful striker we've ever had but he put the ball in the back of the net more times last season that any other player we've had in a while.

Vernon to Sunderland for 300k? I'd bite their hand off, ive seen skyscrapers that are more mobile than him on a saturday. Maybe we could tempt them with offering 150k back to them if they take Makie as well.

Wait. What?

This would be the most baffling signing of my living memory.

Man U game was good, how City were 2-0 up that game!!! Cleverly looks a cleverly kind of player.........(ill get my coat)

Cleverley looks awesome, and has been awesome for years. He was great at Wigan last season. Created heaps of chances, but Wigan didn't put many of them away, because they are shit. Still put 4 away himself. One of them was a screamer. Good lad. Shit haircut though.

Hopefully hes at United to stay after 3 years of loans. His loan spell at Watford was particularly good, averaging a goal every 3 games, which isn't half bad for a midfielder.

Cleverley looks awesome, and has been awesome for years. He was great at Wigan last season. Created heaps of chances, but Wigan didn't put many of them away, because they are shit. Still put 4 away himself. One of them was a screamer. Good lad. Shit haircut though.

Hopefully hes at United to stay after 3 years of loans. His loan spell at Watford was particularly good, averaging a goal every 3 games, which isn't half bad for a midfielder.

He's better than Darron Gibson and he got to play in games last season even when Paul Scholes was available so he's bound to get his chance this year. Word is that he's going to be in the England squad for the match against [insert opponent here because I'm too lazy to look it up] on Wednesday due to Wilshere being knacked.

He was miles better than Carrick when he came on, gave united a hell of a lot more going forward, i really hate Carrick as a player, he should be playing for the likes of Leeds or Hull never mind Man U. Anderson STILL doesnt look good enough either, he had a few really good games last year, but he is very inconsistent. Welbeck didnt look out of place either upfront, could be a very good team in the making for SAF.

City looked pish as usual, it will be interesting when they get Aguero and Tevez fit and on the pitch together, they really really really need to get rid of Balioteli, that guy is a nut case!!!

Tom Cleverley has looked really good for several years, but it's not unsurprising that it takes one good match for Manchester United before the plaudits and acknowledgements come to the surface.

As Soda Jerk has mentioned, he was the absolute driving force for Watford two seasons ago, but he also looked great at Premier League level last season for Wigan. He's the sort of player that keeps everything pretty simple, but does it extremely well. I also think he's brilliant at keeping the ball moving around, rather than holding it up and slowing down play; which suits Manchester United and their fluid counter-attacking style. If you look at Carrick, he does almost nothing but slow play down, which has never worked for United. See Juan Sebastian Veron.

He's better than Darron Gibson and he got to play in games last season even when Paul Scholes was available so he's bound to get his chance this year. Word is that he's going to be in the England squad for the match against [insert opponent here because I'm too lazy to look it up] on Wednesday due to Wilshere being knacked.

Holland are England's opponents on Wednesday, sadly the coverage is going to be ruined by ITV...

I think Wigan was a great fit for him last year. There was plenty of pressure on the team to do avoid relegation but Martinez always stuck to his guns and got them to play in a style that didn't involve angel passes to a big man up front. He'll have learned a lot from playing in that kind of environment.

It was on aberdeen mad or one of the other forums.

nah it was started on a sunderland forum before being repeated on afc-chat and aberdeen-mad. the poster who started it apparently has a good reputation and knows someone who works at pittodrie. still very unlikely, unless they just need a reserve striker.

United looked excellent in yesterday's 2nd half. City were made to look sluggish and pedestrian by United's slick interplay and fluid exchanges, Nani's first goal was particularly beautiful. They look much-transformed from the efficient, grinding side of last season. Nani looks like one of the best wingers in the league, Smalling is becoming an outstanding defender and Cleverley, who has been mint for years, looks like he could become a useful option. New signings-wise, Jones looked decent when he came on and De Gea will grow. I'm not sure that a player as selfish as Ashley Young is a good fit for them (rip-off transfer fee, too), but we'll see.

We've got Arsenal on Saturday. I'm optimistic, but I don't know why. Barton is probably done, we've had a crap pre-season, Jose wants to leave, and we've only signed one striker. Heart says 2-1 us, head says 3-0 them. I hope Squillaci is in their XI: he won't like playing against Ba at all.

they really really really need to get rid of Balioteli, that guy is a nut case!!!

Balotelli is a hero. Throwing darts and youth team players, failing to master the art of putting on a bib, getting his car impounded 27 times, swearing on live TV, tripping Edin Dzeko up, backheeled one-on-ones, mocking Jack Wilshere, giving a grand to a tramp, provoking United players after the FA Cup final, wearing a Milan kit while playing for Inter, being allergic to grass... there is no end to this man's talent.

This, however, is far and away my favourite Balotelli story: Mario Balotelli 'takes truant boy back to school and gives bullies ticking off' | Metro.co.uk

What a guy. I love him, personally. Football would be bloody awful if everyone was a model professional. Can you imagine everyone in the sport being as nice and polite as David Beckham? Awful.