aberdeen-music

Tattoo on 15 year old?

EilidhBailey

Glad I didn't get a tattoo when I was a teenager. It would have said "Up The Punx!" or "Fuck the Government" or something equally mundane. Now I'm 25, I have much more interesting things I could print onto my skin, like "Obey The Rules" or "Don't Do That". Things have changed.

• Upvote 1

If you want one just because some of your mates have, or because it's "cool" just now then that's the wrong reason. Wait until you're 18, don't let some mink with their own gun do it - it will be shit, and if you need a touch up, it's provided free by the legit tattooist.

My chum's ex had her own gun and her tattoos were fucking awful. She did a load of tribal designs and manga designs, and every single one was utter shit. Fuck knows how she managed to get folk to practice on.

You could have bones tattooed on you or like a skull and crossbones so snakes wouldn't eat you because they'd think you'd be poisonous. Maybe Lions wouldn't either but I don't think they understand symbols or maybe they just don't care but snakes definitely wouldn't eat you.

Or get a wolf tattooed on you because they are fierce and you are weak and the wolf tattoo would give others the impression that you are ferocious even if you aren't.

Could you theoretically get yourself tattooed on yourself. Like everywhere on your body gets coloured the exact same colour as it is just instead of skin pigment its ink. It's be like boosting the rgb channels in photoshop. It's still you but just really you.

I got a tattoo in Turkey at 17 of 4 stars doon my leg. (Emo, I ken, but it's the only design there I liked and I had travelled to a different part of Turkey from where I was staying to get one and I wasn't pussying out)

Safe to say I regret it. It's not so bad 'cause it's on my leg and it doesn't look that bad. You can only notice how squint the stars are when you look at them for ages. But I wish I waited and got something that meant something.

I've been working on ideas for my next tattoo for about 2 and a half years now and i'm still not getting it as I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with the idea. Take your time and don't get one at 15. To be honest when I see a girl at 15 with tat I think EASY. Especially if it's a tramp stamp. It just looks minky unless it's a very thought through, meaningful and nicely hidden piece. And even then I think "her parents are fucking idiots".

If you've got an idea, and as you said, you're unsure. Think about it till your 18. If you still really want it then get it. If you don't want it anymore you'll be thanking god you listened to us. :)

The only advice is to be sure you want it and even a little bit of doubt, then don't go for it. Find an artist who is good, check out their work before hand and try to find someone with experience with the artist. Good to go.

Forget that! Just go for it! Yeah, you might have a few doubts, but life is too short, go with yr gut instinct. I would also say to go with the cheapest artist you can find, since you are only 15 I'd imagine you have limited funds. With the saving you make, you can easily spend it on sweeties that you could share with yr friends. You'll be the most popular/coolest girl at school.