aberdeen-music

"Aberdeen teenager recording album in US"

french_disko

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Ashamed to be Aberdonian

Aren't we all?

If this lad was from Glasgow,the Whole of Glasgow would be behind him.

You are hilariously wrong. What on earth makes you think anyone in Glasgow would care about an equivelant 'artist' from Glasgow? If anything, Glaswegians would care even fucking less, since their city is known to have spawned many actually talented and credible creative musicians, DJs and record labels.

We are really small minded here,a lot of men here sitting behind their keyboards wishing they did better in life.All this Jealousy towards a Aberdonian kid living his dream and working with REALLY big producers and about to sign with Universal Records is disgusting.Whats that all about.

What makes you think that in 2011 it is a common goal for musicians (outside of those who are barely-pubescent and working with 3rd party songwriters to crack the chart-pop market) to be signed to a major record label? What makes you think that what 'young Liam' is doing is 'better' than the 'men' in this forum?

Furthermore, nobody considers his situation an achievement because he's only been given the opportunity because he's related to one of the producers he's working with...so what exactly are we supposedly striving for? To somehow travel back in time and rewrite our family tree?

Maybe young Liam should stand with his hood up on a street corner every day. Well done to him for aiming highr than working in some shop or pushing trolleys.

I have been working full time since I left school and home at age 17, which has helped to finance my love of music...I have participated in multiple live tours of the UK and Europe, I have enjoyed playing in countless bands & projects, had my music featured in feature length movies, sold hundreds CDs and vinyl records face to face to 'real people' who felt genuine passion to the music I was helping to create. I currently produce and DJ electronic music which has been praised to my face by some of the most respected artists in the UK scene. If you think this sort of thing doesn't make me happy you're very silly.

Meanwhile, despite the fact that I consider myself underpaid by a good 5 grand a year, I own property in Aberdeen, 2 cars, nice-ish clothes...blah blah. There are many many people far more talented than me in Aberdeen, and far better paid, and those who are both as well. But what deluded existence do you lead where you think a young person in Aberdeen reaches a teenage crossroads in which he or she can pursue a life of LA-based music 'stardom' (LOL) or a lifetime working for minimum wage in a supermarket?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
He's literally sticking two fingers up at you:

173089_135865879813176_135855199814244_231388_3992586_o.jpg

Black guy doesn't look too impressed though.

Finally bothered listening to the song.

I'm genuinely impressed.

Obviously not the kind of music I'm into, but I know a good pop song when I hear one, and this is a good pop song. Catchy chorus. Well produced. Googled Shy Carter and it turns out he has had written number one singles for other artists in the US, also impressive. The steering wheel dance thingy is also a good gimmick.

Video will no doubt be popular in the Glitter, Rix and Langham households, but is also well produced.

Agree that Liam himself isn't really bonny enough though. But I could still see this being a big hit.

isnt bonny enough ..... are you serious ......look at him he is gorgeous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0NzmTlf2Y btw This "kid" has just wrote a song for Justin bieber called out of town girl and it is on his new album believe and his name is on the back credits... everyone here now look like dicks because this guy is doing so well hahaha

isnt bonny enough ..... are you serious ......look at him he is gorgeous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0NzmTlf2Y btw This "kid" has just wrote a song for Justin bieber called out of town girl and it is on his new album believe and his name is on the back credits... everyone here now look like dicks because this guy is doing so well hahaha

It's a "bonus track" though. Mind you, it's one more Justin Bieber song than i've written and if he's enjoying what he's doing then good on him.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive this thread but I was looking into Liam to see if he progressed.

Well he has deleted the initial song and all his Aberdeen video's. He now speaks with a "fake?" American accent and has masked his history. Overall he only really does covers but he did collaborate with Lia Marie Johnson and Shane Dawson who you may know from React series on The Fine Bros channel which is quite good for an unknown Aberdonian. 

Yeah, so he may not have become the next big thing but he actually did alright for himself.

• 2 years later...