aberdeen-music

"Aberdeen teenager recording album in US"

french_disko

[sarcasm]This is a brilliant post.

It's true. Due to geographical vicinity, everyone should love and support everyone from their city who makes music.[/sarcasm]

I've heard some pretty shit Aberdeen bands and been critical about them. Why should this guy be different if he's younger. Fair enough, we were all a little harsh and we were treating him like a new Rebecca Black, but I mean the young person niche has been filled IMO. You have your Beibers and your Cyruses and your Smiths. Over here you have your One Direction and that. So what's left in the pop world,if he isn't going for a niche market is the big boys. As Droid said, if he goes up against Jessie J, Bruno Mars etc he'll get an affa big shock.

Good luck to him, but I sorta hope he doesn't do too well yet, and we get to see some saucy pics of his mum to pay the L.A. bills.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day, talent is overrated. What I really look for in a band/singer is marketing. If the right people tell me it's good, it doesn't matter how it sounds, I'll think it's good too.

And if enough girls who are my age fancy that person, I'll try my best to be just like them.

Oh, and if Glee does it, it's awesome.

xx

I have genuinely never heard of a single one of the 'artists' ITT, except Rebecca Black (cheers, Facebook). Still not clicked any of those linkies either (is his mum worth enduring the inevitable hatred that I will feel towards a young kid?).

In short, I am an old man and my finger is way off the pulse. On the plus side, I am listening to Mellow Gold right now, which is kind of modernish.

Ashamed to be Aberdonian,If this lad was from Glasgow,the Whole of Glasgow would be behind him.

We are really small minded here,a lot of men here sitting behind their keyboards wishing they did better in life.All this Jealousy towards a Aberdonian kid living his dream and working with REALLY big producers and about to sign with Universal Records is disgusting.Whats that all about.

Maybe young Liam should stand with his hood up on a street corner every day.

Well done to him for aiming highr than working in some shop or pushing trolleys.

Ashamed to be Aberdonian,If this lad was from Glasgow,the Whole of Glasgow would be behind him.

We are really small minded here,a lot of men here sitting behind their keyboards wishing they did better in life.All this Jealousy towards a Aberdonian kid living his dream and working with REALLY big producers and about to sign with Universal Records is disgusting.Whats that all about.

Well done to him for aiming highr than working in some shop or pushing trolleys.

So, how long have you been his Dad for?

For the record, I couldn't give two fucks if he's from Aberdeen or not, I will never ever support this guy because I find the kind of dire "music" he's peddling banal shit which is borderline offensive to me as a music fan.

Guest idol_wild

Why doesn't he move to Glasgow then? There's more people in Glasgow. It makes so much sense. Especially if they'll all get behind him. :up: