aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

I was obsessed in the past (when it was still champ man). But stopped playing it years ago and when I did try to get back into it one time it just didn't grab me. I think the amount of detail and time required to succeed in the newer games is a bit off putting.

Like you say it did really take up huge chunks of my like at a time. There were times I went to bed and waited for my girlfriend to go to sleep before getting up and playing through the night.

I was obsessed in the past (when it was still champ man). But stopped playing it years ago and when I did try to get back into it one time it just didn't grab me. I think the amount of detail and time required to succeed in the newer games is a bit off putting.

Like you say it did really take up huge chunks of my like at a time. There were times I went to bed and waited for my girlfriend to go to sleep before getting up and playing through the night.

They now offer a 'classic' version which has more of a CM01/02 feel about it if you miss firing through whole seasons in an evening. I do still find myself thinking about CM97/98 from time-to-time though.

• Upvote 1

It's when my girlfriend says 'whatcha thinking about, handsome?' or similar and I have to really think quite hard about what to say that's not 'I'm wondering whether playing a half back in a deeper midfield role will work for my formation better than playing a more advanced deep lying playmaker on defence duty'.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes
  • Upvote 2

I get three days off a week, usually spend 2 of those with my missus but she is 100% informed that the extra day I get is an FM day for me. From the minute I wake up until the minute I go to bed. And on those days I will set my alarm for 9am so I can get maximum game time. I used to work a lot of weird shifts so I would get a lot of time when she would go to bed early and I could sit up until 4am playing. Now I've moved into a 9-5 job I get a lot less time to play because we're together every evening but I spend a lot of that time thinking about my team. And a lot of like "she's cooking dinner, I could easily squeeze in two or three matches". It's so easy to get obsessed with that game. If she's working the weekend that is another day for me. Tomorrow I'm off and she's working. I'm 8 games from the end of the season and 4 points off the leaders. I've already got my strategies planned.

Incidentally, this is me actually way less obsessed than I was a few years ago.

I've begun drafting up my Dead pool roster for 2014 after my disappointing season this year.

I've been thinking I should get started on that. Partly because I'm always rushing at the last minute, but also because Team Death Cube K has been decimated these last couple of seasons; they've been dropping like flies. Still placed highly though despite this. Oh, wait.

I've only got Khmer war criminals in there, plenty of them to get through yet. As well as those who've served the team well but have sadly retired, I've definately got to replace Shinzo Abe. He's surprised everyone with his vitality, and thus disappointed me obviously. Clearly not scoring any time soon:

20130518_cna400.jpg

• 1 month later...

it's the work xmas party tonight :partyboy:(and yes i do have work on monday)

my ex is going with their new partner (yay - reason number 342 to not date someone you work with) :nono:

person who binned my homemade card will be there too :up: 

soooo 2 people that rejected me in the same room :woohoo:

set to be a fun night then!

oh and if the dj plays any remotely romantic songs after i've got the alcohol in i'll probably end up just crying >.< i dont want to be that drunk

Edited by Little Green

it's the work xmas party tonight :partyboy:(and yes i do have work on monday)

my ex is going with their new partner (yay - reason number 342 to not date someone you work with) :nono:

person who binned my homemade card will be there too :up:

soooo 2 people that rejected me in the same room :woohoo:

set to be a fun night then!

oh and if the dj plays any remotely romantic songs after i've got the alcohol in i'll probably end up just crying >.< i dont want to be that drunk

just go up to the booth asking for certain songs repeatedly, DJs love that. They can't get enough.