aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

What kind of connection does this need? Can someone link me the correct leads (its going into a stereo amp, but i dont know what connections i need at that end) on a popular electrical store website?

107kgwk.jpg

Also, what does that phase switch do?

What kind of connection does this need? Can someone link me the correct leads (its going into a stereo amp, but i dont know what connections i need at that end) on a popular electrical store website?

107kgwk.jpg

Also, what does that phase switch do?

Could be for banana plugs (which are usually just soldered onto the ends of speaker wire). Can't tell for definite from that photo though. Unless they unscrew and there's a hole in the middle in which case they could be binding posts for bare-wire speaker wire.

Can't see any point in a phase switch on a stereo amp. I suggest looking for a manual on the internet with a make and model search in google.

Could be for banana plugs (which are usually just soldered onto the ends of speaker wire). Can't tell for definite from that photo though. Unless they unscrew and there's a hole in the middle in which case they could be binding posts for bare-wire speaker wire.

Looks like banana/binding post combo to me. No point having the hole in the middle for pure binding post, but it looks like there is some 'grip' on the posts as well so it doesn't look like banana-only either.

Looks like banana/binding post combo to me. No point having the hole in the middle for pure binding post, but it looks like there is some 'grip' on the posts as well so it doesn't look like banana-only either.

Could you recommend a cable for me to connect this to an amp? Would the amp need to have the same connections coming out the back, or are the "in" connections different to the connections on the speaker?!!?

Forgive my lack of terminology, but I'm a dick.

At the end of the Scott Pilgrim comics, who does he choose? Was watching the film and couldn't quite remember if the comic was different... answers in a spoiler, I know Lucky's still reading them.

Thanks for the consideration. I will obliterate anyone who spoils the ending for me. :up:

What do I need to connect a TV to a Stereo Amp, so the sound will come through both the TV and my HiFi speakers? Is it just an RCA to RCA cable?

Rca to rca, though why you would want to do that is beyond me. Could throw up weird delays between the two and disproportionate volume clashes.