aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Oh yeah - I've seen it. It's quite beautiful.

EDIT: I just thought there must be more to it than the fact the t-shirt's a bit crap. Perhaps the wind blew my sense of humour to fuck yesterday.

For me it's the All The Best part that cracks me up. It's like something somebody's dad would say. Aye my son's band are playing a few festivals, they're a great bunch of lads. All the best!

It's just funny.

You know that eyesore old burned out factory next to Captain Toms? Well I heard that it would cost so much to demolish and build on it that it would impossible to make any money back off it, so no company will touch it, and the building is just going sit there and rot.

Wondering though, at what point do the council have to step in and tell the landowners to do the work? Since it's clearly dangerous to the public as they've had to fence off the pavement next to it because of falling debris.

Guest B. Arthur
You know that eyesore old burned out factory next to Captain Toms? Well I heard that it would cost so much to demolish and build on it that it would impossible to make any money back off it, so no company will touch it, and the building is just going sit there and rot.

Wondering though, at what point do the council have to step in and tell the landowners to do the work? Since it's clearly dangerous to the public as they've had to fence off the pavement next to it because of falling debris.

The council won't touch it for as long as they can manage. Not sure if there is an actual point in time when the building becomes their property regardless. But then, I'm no Kirstie Allsopp.

Dunno where you heard that. The company that owns it have been trying to push through planning permission to build an "urban village" there for a few years now. Basically shitloads of flats, shops, pubs etc. Think it keeps getting held back because there's no provision for things the people that live there will actually need like schools.

Dunno where you heard that. The company that owns it have been trying to push through planning permission to build an "urban village" there for a few years now. Basically shitloads of flats, townhouses etc. and barely any car parking or amenities.

Really? Ah well. I guess that just goes to prove that you shouldn't believe every shitey little piece of gossip you hear in the pub :) It is an eyesore like, time it was flattened and turned into something.

Guest B. Arthur
Really? Ah well. I guess that just goes to prove that you shouldn't believe every shitey little piece of gossip you hear in the pub :) It is an eyesore like, time it was flattened and turned into something.

Does that include all the stories i heard about you??

What exactly is Squatters Rights? Looks like my murder base has just been found out. x

Only really exists in England, I believe...think in Scotland it's covered by the Trespass Act, where by law you're not allowed to enter private property (buildings included) without permission of the owner.

[EDIT= See here: Squatting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ]

That would be the worst serial killer movie ever, where he/she (let's be equal here) investigates their right to squat in parallel to doing a bit of maiming and killing. Although there are parallels to the plot of 'The Driller Killer' where the killer is driven to distraction by the noise of the punk band in the next apartment, whereas in this case it would be the noise of interminable shite metal bands at Captain Toms.