aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Aye those things were crap,  i battled with my one for years, the wireless would just drop out on it for no reason, and when i finally snapped and phoned BT they tried to tell me the hub was fine, but my laptop, Kev's Mac book, my iphone, Kev's samsung phone and our smart TV were all faulty at the same time, with the exact same fault, even tho when the hub was re-started the wireless would work again.

Shower of useless bastards.

Aye those things were crap,  i battled with my one for years, the wireless would just drop out on it for no reason, and when i finally snapped and phoned BT they tried to tell me the hub was fine, but my laptop, Kev's Mac book, my iphone, Kev's samsung phone and our smart TV were all faulty at the same time, with the exact same fault, even tho when the hub was re-started the wireless would work again.

Shower of useless bastards.

I had that as well. Found out it was an issue where it wouldn't allocate a valid IP to the wireless device. Took BT 4 attempts to send out a new router to the correct address on the account, then they tried to charge us for them not being able to send something out properly.

Doesnt matter if you work for them yourself, as a home broadband engineer, they still make you go through it. Its absolute madness. My old man works for them, and tells me some horror stories, especially since they have been installing infinity. 

My flat is horribly laid out and only has one phone socket in the whole flat, in one corner of the living room, i wanted my tv at the opposite side but because i have BT vision my box needs to be hardwired into the hub, so i asked BT when the guy came round, if he could put an extension cable around the base of my wall, was told no problem it was easily done. Engineer comes round, i ask him, he says there was no note that he was to do that, and that BT specifically said they shouldnt do it, because there is a chance i will lose 20-30mbs on my connection. I argued with him, told him it was nonsense and that i wanted the extension cable, he again argued and said no they are not allowed to do it and that he would leave if i was being difficult over the installation. Phoned my old man, who phoned the boys line manager, 2 minutes later i had an extension cable being installed. 

Moral of the story, BT are cunts, never trust them, but its impossible to leave them! 

• Upvote 1

Doesnt matter if you work for them yourself, as a home broadband engineer, they still make you go through it. Its absolute madness. My old man works for them, and tells me some horror stories, especially since they have been installing infinity. 

My flat is horribly laid out and only has one phone socket in the whole flat, in one corner of the living room, i wanted my tv at the opposite side but because i have BT vision my box needs to be hardwired into the hub, so i asked BT when the guy came round, if he could put an extension cable around the base of my wall, was told no problem it was easily done. Engineer comes round, i ask him, he says there was no note that he was to do that, and that BT specifically said they shouldnt do it, because there is a chance i will lose 20-30mbs on my connection. I argued with him, told him it was nonsense and that i wanted the extension cable, he again argued and said no they are not allowed to do it and that he would leave if i was being difficult over the installation. Phoned my old man, who phoned the boys line manager, 2 minutes later i had an extension cable being installed. 

Moral of the story, BT are cunts, never trust them, but its impossible to leave them! 

I take it they have stopped sending out the homeplug network kits. My parents had an extension put in no problem when they first got BT Vision, but that was when it first came out a few years ago.

Another issue is they don't treat broadband faults in the same way as phone line faults (I know it's the same line, but different equipment does different things to the line).

Guest Young Adolesent

Probably internal wiring to the jack socket is gone. Almost always the problem. You'll need to unscrew the jack from the body and get in about at it to have a proper look.

xx

ive tried that the thing is impossible to get off damn you fishman

p.s stroops im trying to messege you about the games. your inbox is full

Edited by Young Adolesent

when i plug my jack into my acoustic  its not working no sound at all. plus it dosent show up that its plugged in, any suggestions?

Does the acoustic also have an on-board tuner? If so, does it work?

If it does, then there is a problem with the socket (may just be a simple re-solder required) or part of the internals of the preamp.

If a tuner is present and isn't working either then it could be the above, or a requirement for a new battery.

If there is no tuner, see above anyway. :)

Guest Young Adolesent

Post a picture of the jack - no idea what the problem could be in getting it off. (Giggidy.)

Inbox emptied, fire me a PM now.

xx

oh wait my mistake i was taking the whole bit off jack and battery compartment, nah jack comes off fine ill go check it :)

youll have your pm in about a minute