aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I used to work night shift, 11.00pm - 7.00am. After a tough shift a few of us would head to the Schooner for a pint at 8am. No biggie, when you're on permanent nightshift thats like your dinnertime. Didn't half meet some characters in there at that time though. Lots of guys selling things out of suitcases.

There's a simlar place in Edinburgh called Penny Blacks that used to be for the postmen/women working all night in the sorting offices and then needing a pint to unwind at the end of the shift. Odd shifts do strange things to your body clock and morning no longer feels like morning. It's the bit of your day between work ending and having a meal before going to bed. Just like 5:30 pm is to people who work standard hours.

No. there shouldn't be any pubs near schools an i never said there should.

At some point or another a kid attending a school will pass a pub. Realistically what's going to happen because there is a boozer near a school? A drunk man might be seen by a child?

I know it's their choice but it's the wrong choice. xx

And actually, castlegate is horrendous, with drunks going about all day. There's plenty of trouble.

Castlegate isn't that bad at all. My ex used to live there and it was fairly quiet. In fact the only real trouble and noise was caused by kids who went through a phase of smashing windows with tins of tuna. The Balaclava bar is at the doors of one of the city's largest shopping centers and there is never any trouble there. I really can't see what the issue is here. I know you don't drink anymore but that's not really a reason to be up in arms about some folk having a pint in the morning.

What about Triple Kirks? That's probably the closest pub to a school and it is also the first place in Aberdeen I witnessed someone get punched in the face at lunch time!

He probably shouldn't have ordered the knuckle sandwich <dons shades, drives motorbike through plate glass in slow motion>

• Upvote 2

Banning booze on trains probably won't change anything. Does anyone actually get cunted on the tiny alcohol measures they serve? I imagine most drunkards on trains were already half-cut before they got on the train, or they've got their own hipflask or Lucozade bottle filled with spirits.

I'm fine with pubs opening whenever they want, as well as people having a pint whenever they want.

I had a pint at 10am when I was on holiday, because I'm a menace to society. Good job I wasn't near a school.

• Upvote 2

Banning booze on trains probably won't change anything. Does anyone actually get cunted on the tiny alcohol measures they serve? I imagine most drunkards on trains were already half-cut before they got on the train, or they've got their own hipflask or Lucozade bottle filled with spirits.

I'm fine with pubs opening whenever they want, as well as people having a pint whenever they want.

I had a pint at 10am when I was on holiday, because I'm a menace to society. Good job I wasn't near a school.

Are they not banning people from taking booze onboard?

Are they? I thought they were just stopping selling it. Are they going to police it hard? Unless they are checking bags and sniffing everyones bottles, it'll still happen I imagine.

I'd imagine they'd have the power to confiscate and dispose of on the spot if necessary, if not the traffic police are present at every station.

Oh yeah, no doubt. It will be good if the ticket inspectors have the right to swipe the booze away. It'd be even better if drunken tossers were booted off trains at the next station and taken STRAIGHT TO JAIL. That might be seen as a bit OTT though, unfortunately.

Still. Like with anything, people will probably still smuggle it in blank/juice bottles, like folk do at the cinema or gigs where drink prices are mental.