aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I don't really understand what your problem is Jake?

I do not like alcohol and the effects it does to people, even what it does to myself. Now I will go weeks without having a drink or even thinking about having a drink. However sometimes on a blue moon I might end up having a couple of pints with my dad, or a pint while watching a mates band at pub. I'm not teetotal, I don't feel the need to drink and would have no problem NOT drinking for any length of time.

what I don't understand is how you feel so compelled to find vessel your "not drinking" thing. i.e. this whole pish about a pub being open in the morning. Finding other band members who do not drink and write songs about not drinking. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? get a fucking life or more hobbys?

also being from mastrick wouldn't you be used to all the junkie fucks kicking about? It's not new.

• Upvote 4

EDIT:

I've had many problems with alcohol during my life. My mum was a pretty dire alcoholic during my teenage years which lead to her hitting me and stuff. she used to sit and drink a litre of vodka while blasting out the "power of love" album by Celine Dion. Also she would have these long hearted monologues where I would be instructed to "listen" to her fucking shite and emotional outbursts all obviously brought on by me. I grew up to not like alcohol and know its woes. However it had a more negative impact to my younger brother. He has grown up and has developed a drink problem. He is been back n forth to court over different stuff all involving alcohol. Even battered my mum more than once when he is blind steaming. He is in Polmont at the moment on reprimand for allegedly stabbing some boy in his village, not much evidence going against him tho. but the police lifted him and was put in reprimand due to a having past knife crime incident. yes he stabbed me once when he was drunk.

now I got that off my chest what's your beef with alcohol?

Banning booze on trains probably won't change anything. Does anyone actually get cunted on the tiny alcohol measures they serve? I imagine most drunkards on trains were already half-cut before they got on the train, or they've got their own hipflask or Lucozade bottle filled with spirits.

I'm fine with pubs opening whenever they want, as well as people having a pint whenever they want.

I had a pint at 10am when I was on holiday, because I'm a menace to society. Good job I wasn't near a school.

Even I draw the line at a pint of wine before 11 AM.

They should ban any kind of fun, clearly we cant handle the responsibility.

Personally I think sex should be banned. Alright, it'll mean no new humans are produced ever again, but it'll certainly nip the growing "jakey" problem in the bud, eh?

• Upvote 1

Personally I think sex should be banned. Alright, it'll mean no new humans are produced ever again, but it'll certainly nip the growing "jakey" problem in the bud, eh?

I watched some piece of shit movie the other day Equilibrium i think it was called, pretty much followed those lines, jake would love it, no sex, no booze, no colours, and everyone was safe.

EDIT:

I've had many problems with alcohol during my life. My mum was a pretty dire alcoholic during my teenage years which lead to her hitting me and stuff.

Man up and stop moaning.

she used to sit and drink a litre of vodka while blasting out the "power of love" album by Celine Dion.

Oh god I take it back, I really feel for you.

Anyway I'm just home from a couple of drinks. They were great. And I kicked a school kid in the bollocks on the way home for good measure.

• Upvote 3

Because he listens to hardcore now and Rollins doesn't drink.

xx

Nahh. Although I'll admit, I was inspired by the whole straight edge thing, it's more to do with the problems my loved ones and I have had with drink. And even witnessing people I don't know. It's a terrible drug.

Nahh. Although I'll admit, I was inspired by the whole straight edge thing, it's more to do with the problems my loved ones and I have had with drink. And even witnessing people I don't know. It's a terrible drug.

So because you and your loved ones and a minority of people in society abuse alcohol, it should be banned? I can have one pint then go home, it's not hard. Some people abuse butane and glue, I'd have to throw away my lighters and I'd never get my Air fix model finished which just isn't on!

• Upvote 4

Like I said, what people do in their own homes is up to them and (unless it's something like murder) shouldn't be controlled. Alcohol should be banned in public though. Or at least regulated a lot better. There's no way in hell it can be banned altogether. I know that, I'm not daft.

And like I've said, the whole gasping for a pint thing is outrageous, as is drinking at funerals and stuff.

Like I said, what people do in their own homes is up to them and (unless it's something like murder) shouldn't be controlled. Alcohol should be banned in public though. Or at least regulated a lot better. There's no way in hell it can be banned altogether. I know that, I'm not daft.

And like I've said, the whole gasping for a pint thing is outrageous, as is drinking at funerals and stuff.

In your opinion. In my opinion I want people drinking at my funeral. Nothing wrong with gasping for a pint and it tastes oh so sweeter after a hard day's work. You know what is aceic? Gasping for a pint and going to one of those small country pubs, sitting outside with a pint and watching the kids run around having a good time in the sunshine. Then again maybe the parents and the other people sitting in a beer garden shouldn't do that in front of the kids it may encourage responsible drinking. Just because you and your family can't control yourself, i shouldn't be allowed a pint with my friends? Just because you look down on people who are drunk a nurse cant go for a drink after a hard shift looking after people like your loved ones who can't control their impulses?

• Upvote 1

I dont see drinking at a funeral as a problem, a funeral is a celebration of life, you have a few drinks and remember the person who has passed away, nothing wrong with that.

Jake your opinions on things jump around so much, i dont see why anyone is really bothered, in three weeks you'll prob be campaining for them to sell booze in primary schools.

• Upvote 1

So because you and your loved ones and a minority of people in society abuse alcohol, it should be banned? I can have one pint then go home, it's not hard. Some people abuse butane and glue, I'd have to throw away my lighters and I'd never get my Air fix model finished which just isn't on!

I always mean to have one pint and go home. I don't think I've ever done it though.