aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I think I am Jazzmaster> Volume pedal> Tuner > EHX Memory Toy Delay (set to maximum fun)> Tape Echo > T-Rex Tremster Tremolo> Flanger (Set to broken robot) > Z-Vex Instant Lo Fi Junky> Lovepedal Kalamazoo (OD) > Wampler Pinnacle (distortion) > North Effects Green Russian (Fuzz) > Whammy (yes, I know it's in a weird place)> Holy Grail Reverb, > EQ > Looper > Vox AC15> Angry sound man.

Delay at the start of the chain? Doesn't that cause a lot of painful noise?

...wait... forget I asked...

• Upvote 2

I always prefer delay at the end of the chain, that way you're distorting a clean signal then echoing it instead of distorting all the repeats and losing any definition.

Back on topic I need a new delay pedal. Mine one's started making noise even when it's switched off.

Think "your FX setup" would be a worthy thread on its own?

I'm only just starting to use pedals at all with my setup, never owned one other than a tuner before, so interested to hear what the multi-pedalled veterans have to say. Granted, I'm only on 4 strings but I imagine the bassics (GEDDIT??) are the same?

xx

I use a overdrive pedal. If you're after a noise that will make you shit your pants, or one of those tinny punk bass noises, it's perfect.

I'm getting properly excited for my upcoming Tele/jaguar/jazzmaster hybrid project. I've spent quite a bit of the afternoon eyeing them up online.

Fender_Custom_Jazzmaster_50Relic-R47446-Blk-FrontBody.jpg

110736d1327595626t-telemaster-time-image-2936821228-jpg

24101d6a9b2f11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

Fender_Telemaster_R53262_P90Relic_2TSB_FrontBody_BlkPgd.jpg

Telemasters are great. Esquired Telemasters look cooler still...........

Can't have reliced wood but pristine metalwork and plastic, tho...... all or nothing :)

• 3 weeks later...

RnB have this guy for around £300. WANT.

se_one_black.jpg

They also have a Squier VM jazzmaster I like the look of. Once I get the LP sold I'll spend a while wailing on both until I pick one. Could probably save ~£50-£75 on either guitar if I buy second hand instead but at a bargain price like that I'll just take the hit and buy new methinks.

GAS.

xx

RnB have this guy for around £300. WANT.

se_one_black.jpg

They also have a Squier VM jazzmaster I like the look of. Once I get the LP sold I'll spend a while wailing on both until I pick one. Could probably save ~£50-£75 on either guitar if I buy second hand instead but at a bargain price like that I'll just take the hit and buy new methinks.

GAS.

xx

If you're buying a new Jazzmaster be worth thinking about the Mascis one they have rather than the VM. it's got a bridge that works....