aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Serious question - how can you use more than one delay?

Would you use them in series to make a SUPER DELAY? Or have two different delays set to different.. delayedness.. for use at different times?

xx

Call me crazy but I currently have 3 delays on my board. I quite often use them all at the same time too as Col will confirm.

The first delay in my chain (an analog delay) has every dial set to 12 o clock and is before my overdrive pedal. Delay number two is another analog delay but this one has every dial up full and is placed after my overdrive pedal. Delay number 3 is a digital one with a reverse delay setting which is what I use it for. The dials on this one get fiddled about with a fair bit but on when I last used it on Sunday it was sitting at everything at about 1 o'clock .

Call me crazy but I currently have 3 delays on my board. I quite often use them all at the same time too as Col will confirm.

The first delay in my chain (an analog delay) has every dial set to 12 o clock and is before my overdrive pedal. Delay number two is another analog delay but this one has every dial up full and is placed after my overdrive pedal. Delay number 3 is a digital one with a reverse delay setting which is what I use it for. The dials on this one get fiddled about with a fair bit but on when I last used it on Sunday it was sitting at everything at about 1 o'clock .

I can confirm that all 3 delays are usually on, as are both of mine (three of mine if you count the eventide space). Delay is magic!

Serious question - how can you use more than one delay?

Would you use them in series to make a SUPER DELAY? Or have two different delays set to different.. delayedness.. for use at different times?

xx

In Seas, Starry I use two all the time (well one is a tape echo). I have one permanently set to 'seasickness inducing chorus rich pitchbend madness' and a second that I change between songs for differing repeats, modulation etc. My signal chain is an epic mess though.

A proper tape echo?

Nah, it's a T-Rex Reptile, which is their Tape Echo Simulator. It sounds mega though and you can get some great wow and flutter effects out of it that you can switch in and out. I find most delay pedals really sterile and clean sounding, which I can't be doing with at all.

Jan actually has a Wem Copicat somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Think "your FX setup" would be a worthy thread on its own?

I'm only just starting to use pedals at all with my setup, never owned one other than a tuner before, so interested to hear what the multi-pedalled veterans have to say. Granted, I'm only on 4 strings but I imagine the bassics (GEDDIT??) are the same?

xx

I think I am Jazzmaster> Volume pedal> Tuner > EHX Memory Toy Delay (set to maximum fun)> Tape Echo > T-Rex Tremster Tremolo> Flanger (Set to broken robot) > Z-Vex Instant Lo Fi Junky> Lovepedal Kalamazoo (OD) > Wampler Pinnacle (distortion) > North Effects Green Russian (Fuzz) > Whammy (yes, I know it's in a weird place)> Holy Grail Reverb, > EQ > Looper > Vox AC15> Angry sound man.

I think I am Jazzmaster> Volume pedal> Tuner > EHX Memory Toy Delay (set to maximum fun)> Tape Echo > T-Rex Tremster Tremolo> Flanger (Set to broken robot) > Z-Vex Instant Lo Fi Junky> Lovepedal Kalamazoo (OD) > Wampler Pinnacle (distortion) > North Effects Green Russian (Fuzz) > Whammy (yes, I know it's in a weird place)> Holy Grail Reverb, > EQ > Looper > Vox AC15> Angry sound man.

Why is that a weird place for your whammy...?

#noob

xx

I believe it usually goes in the front for a more subtle effect. Since mine is toward the end it takes everything that's going on then puts the whole lot up or down an octave, which can be pretty dramatic/horrid/awesome.

Yeah I was thinking that'd be it. You'd usually take the signal, octave it and distort the result... rather than taking a big fuzzy distorted signal and octaving it.

Can of worms, t'would appear.

xx