aberdeen-music

Kilau Christmas CD time again!!!!!!

Alan Cynic

Guest davetherave

tracks

I cant even remember what tracks I sent Alan, never mind how I recorded them :)

Probably used my Roland GR33 guitar synth and my favourite Squier Jap strat,with a variety of delays and fx on the direct guitar sound, recorded via analogue mixer to Pro tools PC.

I hope to go and pick up my copy tomorrow.

Are there many of these left? I want one but will probably not be in town for a wee while. Does anyone fancy picking one up for me or something?

I would have but I just picked up the last copy from the Old Aberdeen Kilau and I wont be in town till my thesis is out the way. Kilau is open late though so if you're having pints at the weekend you could get one then? I think its open till 11. The CD is definitely worth 3, if only for Huw's amazing rendition of the first half of "Fat Lip."

Ryan Simpson's "Little Saint Nick" made me feel "christmassy." TheOLO track, Les Pelicans and Kitchen Cynics songs were some other highlights. Matricarians scared me a bit.

I would have but I just picked up the last copy from the Old Aberdeen Kilau and I wont be in town till my thesis is out the way. Kilau is open late though so if you're having pints at the weekend you could get one then? I think its open till 11. The CD is definitely worth 3, if only for Huw's amazing rendition of the first half of "Fat Lip."

Ryan Simpson's "Little Saint Nick" made me feel "christmassy." TheOLO track, Les Pelicans and Kitchen Cynics songs were some other highlights. Matricarians scared me a bit.

Cheers, and gooood shout. If I'm out and about tonight will get one then. :up:

I know. I'm thinking the rest of the album must be pretty crap if people like mine. ;)

Need to get my copy, you around this weekend Alan?

There should be one in Kilau (hopefully!) with your name on it (I'm in there just now)...but I'll be in after 5 today, if you're passing and want to collect one then. I put 5 more into Kilau, and bought more blanks this morning, so hopefully Old Aberdeen Kilau will have more some time on Monday.

The Foxhunting song is getting better every time I hear them. The second half of it is especially good once he lets his voice go.

I got a CD last night, and on first listen I'd say Mr Fox's effort is probably my favourite, among a load of great stuff. Agreed about the voice - when it gets going it's great, a wee bit reminiscent of Andrew from Sunfish/Geneva if anyone remembers them.

Would maybe like to hear it without the tambourine though...

I got a CD last night, and on first listen I'd say Mr Fox's effort is probably my favourite, among a load of great stuff. Agreed about the voice - when it gets going it's great, a wee bit reminiscent of Andrew from Sunfish/Geneva if anyone remembers them.

Would maybe like to hear it without the tambourine though...

Thousand thanks :) Pretty lazy Saturday so I've shoved up a version sans tambourine on my SoundCloud: FOXHUNTING - December (sans tambourine) on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free