aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Cynic

Kilau Christmas CD time again!!!!!!

Yes...it's that time of year when I'm looking for folks to do a song for Kilau's charity Christmas (or Winter....whatever!) CD.

If you're interested let me know, and I'll start hassling you soon. Ideally songs (original or covers) would need to be submitted to me via e-mail, or CD before the end of November. Any style of music is acceptable....the more variety the better.

Thanks! :up:

Yes...it's that time of year when I'm looking for folks to do a song for Kilau's charity Christmas (or Winter....whatever!) CD.

If you're interested let me know, and I'll start hassling you soon. Ideally songs (original or covers) would need to be submitted to me via e-mail, or CD before the end of November. Any style of music is acceptable....the more variety the better.

Thanks! :up:

If you want the other Genevieve christmas song this time round then you're welcome to it as well Alan.

Cheers chaps....these will be fab (well I already know the Genevieve one is, and Bigsby in Jimmy Buffet mode should work fine!!!)

Incidentally, for casual browsers...Genevieve got some NYC radioplay from this last year :up:

At the risk of turning this into another thread of punnery, I was looking at ideas for this and briefly thought about reworking Once in Royal David's City as Once in a Royal Deeside Bothy. Then I thought these things are best left to Alan's expertise.

You could also try Away In Newmacher...

Aaaaargh......

God rest you Maryculter gentlemen

Had my way with a minger

O little town of Bethelnie

Sandilands is coming to town

The holly and the Snuffy Ivy (for our older members)

I wrote a really cheery tune called the winter blues (aye I think I already told yer??) it's a depressive but uplifting jazz blues with option to add happy clapping. I'll home record and send you

If you could send me a promo copy (unless it's for charity in which case I'll purchase a copy in advance?), I can give this a wee plug in the Evening and on Hercules Moments?

I also present a show on Aberdeen Student Radio, and we'll be doing a Christmas special, so I could give a couple of tracks some airplay too :)

I'll send a promo copy at the start of December, (if you PM me an address). So far 3 folks have got their song/tune to me, but there's still more than a month left. I sent some out to local stations last year, but dunno if they played anything.

I'm whittling an extra-big baseball bat to help 'remind' people soon :up:

Nearly done! My neighbours are somewhat fed up of my attempts at percussion/hitting a box with a stick.

I'm planning to record something next week when I've got some free time, so hopefully the deadline isn't tomorrow or anything...