aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I hate ferguson and his constant moaning bout ref decisions. Correct menif I'm wrong but he wasn't like that for the dons. An ugly modern phenomenon. But. Little pea is one of the best pieces of transfer business in recent memory. Shrewd manager. Deserves the title.

Despite the opening goal, Hernandez was quite poor today, but will probably be forgiven because of the goal. Scuffed three impossible-to-not-hit-the-target chances. Good business none the less though.

United were immense in the first half. They weren't in the second, but they didn't really need to be. Giggs and Park bossed the game.

Despite the opening goal, Hernandez was quite poor today, but will probably be forgiven because of the goal. Scuffed three impossible-to-not-hit-the-target chances. Good business none the less though.

United were immense in the first half. They weren't in the second, but they didn't really need to be. Giggs and Park bossed the game.

Missed chances are part and parcel of a frantic game like that, overall I thought he played well. His movement was incredible throughout. Always keeping the defender on his toes, switching goal side and back in the same run. Top striker IMO. Good out and out strikers do that. Even Torres when he came on showed glimpses. Just gives the centre backs a slight headache without doing much.

Nah, one. The hand ball. The other was a blatant dive.

Chelsea were shit. Chelsea really have been shit all year.

Man U deserved it.

orly? I gotta say I didnt give it my fullest attention but it looked like a pen. Serves me right for trying to be clever and multitasking.

I thought both the Man U claims were pretty good shouts to be honest. With the handball, Lampard has his arm up and prevented the ball going into a dangerous position and the reverse angle shows a trip by Terry on the other claim.

Man U looked pretty convincing though and deserved the win from the outset. Hopefully they keep that sort of form going for the CL final as that could be a cracker of a game.

Handball was a clear penalty. Hand was way up in the air, away from a neutral position, and stopped the cross coming in. Not fully intentional, but Lampard gained a fair advantage by spreading himself like that.

Valencia's certainly wasn't a dive. That's a bit harsh to say the least. Just looked like a tangle of legs with Terry, both trying to play the ball, but it got scrappy. Wouldn't say it was a penalty though.

Vidic probably should have been off last week, and not played. But Chelsea shouldn't have still been in the title race, after beating Spurs with two goals that weren't goals.

I'm glad David Luiz played. He was shite.

Did anyone else see the documentary on football presented by Lord Sugar last night? pretty interesting stuff and the conclusion was the namby pampy footballers are overpaid! Think we knew that anyway!

It's so cliched wheeling out Alan Hansen for a big game on a Sunday to pundit on MOTD 2, really annoys me, surprised Linekar wasn't presenting, seen them do that before. Shit I get annoyed about daft things!

They're playing him out of position. He's clearly a striker. More goals than Fernando Torres since joining.

I've thought since his debut against Fulham that he should play in midfield, probably in Mikel's position, since Mikel is guff. He's great at pressing, and seems incredibly confident running forwards with the ball, but because he chases the ball carrier all over the place, he leaves huge gaps in the defence. I don't think he's disciplined enough to be a centre back. Maybe he'll learn, but since he's generally quite an all rounder, alot of his talent as a player will probably go to waste at centre back.

Guest Gladstone

Just saw Kirs Commons goal from yesterday. He is fucking smashing em in for Celtic. Another cracker. He's been an ace signing so far. Reminds me of me when I was a lad... ;)