aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Those Dubes must be pretty great. I'm going to get one.

Tomorrow morning I'm playing a game of football for the first time in absolutely ages.

It's going to be a team of Brits vs Catalans. The Catalans have experience playing together before, us Brits don't. They'll also most likely be more skillful and in better shape than us. We're going to have to make them uncomfortable using out physical prowess, play with heart and never say die etc etc.

It's pretty much a preview of the champions league final.

I have no idea why this match has to be at 10am on a Sunday.

In preparation I haven't been drinking today and I'm staying in tonight.

I'm not sure the pizza, big bag of crisps and bar of chocolate is going to help though. I feel ready to burst.

If Chelsea win, I see them dropping points to Everton last game of the season. A nervy score draw, where as I think United will smash Blackpool to bits at Old Trafford.

Then again, I think United will win next week, but drop points at Blackburn away, because United simply can't even buy points away from home. Terrible away form, except in Europe, where they are the first team in the Champions League to not concede a single goal away from home in every round.

It's been a strange season. I wouldn't really mind seeing Chelsea win it if it wasn't for sulky Fernando Torres getting a medal for doing fuck all. He's just broken the 10 game barrier and now qualifies. What a shit.

I didn't think it looked intentional when I was watching it live but looking at it again. Oof. There's a clear turn in her direction. That bastard.

While I'm here - I was really impressed with 'boro today. I thought we dominated in the first half and controlled the game well in the second. Cardiff had very few opportunities and those they did have never caused any bother for our keeper. That said, Cardiff really should have had a penalty when it was only 2-0 - Barry Robson in the defensive wall from a Cardiff free kick stuck an elbow out and made contact with the ball but he (and we) got away with it and promptly went up the field to settle it with Richie Smallwood getting his first goal for the club. Another good prospect from the 'boro academy production line.

Here's some praise:

BBC Sport - Cardiff City savour their 'Big Mac'

My mate bought his flat off him when he moved to Cardiff and he left him a card signed 'Kevin McNaughton'. I thought that was nice.

Read that yesterday. Good article but I'm not sure about the bit from Jones were he says when he watched and signed McNaughton he was a centre-half!

Read that yesterday. Good article but I'm not sure about the bit from Jones were he says when he watched and signed McNaughton he was a centre-half!

He did occasionally play there for us towards the end when we needed cover. He was first and foremost a full back though.

Good player, I expect he'll get more Scotland caps.

Good game tonight. Thankfully. It really was all over before it started though. Madrid were never really going to overturn the 2 goal deficit.

I didn't bother watching it on that premise.

Wiz they robbed by the ref again as the Real players are claiming?

Guest Gladstone
I didn't bother watching it on that premise.

Wiz they robbed by the ref again as the Real players are claiming?

There were a couple of really dodgy decisions. The goal that was chalked off should have stood in my opinion. I didn't get a proper look at the replay, but I thought Ronaldo was fouled and fell into Mascherano, who then lost control of the ball and took a dive. I seem to remember a couple of other dodgy ones as Real were attacking the Barca goal. Fouls on Barca defenders that didn't seem to actually happen.

I don't think Real were ever going to beat Barca by 2 goals though.