aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Just wondering...If Messi was to move to the premiership how would he get on? Which team would he suit?

I think he'd still be tearing teams up. The physicality of the prem is oft jizzed over but look at so-called 'lightweight' players like Modric and Silva. Then on the other hand, the weather plays a big part. I still think Robinho would be england if it wasn't for that cold winter oop t'north he had to endure.

Personally I reckon he'd fit in well at Man City. Based on their current set up, he'd play just in front of Silva with one of the bigger lummox strikers playing off him. Spurs he'd take VDV's place in that free roaming striker role. Can't see how he'd fit in with chelsea or arsenal or even utd. Then again, he's the only player in the world who you'd entirely change your tactics to include.

As I say, just wondering what it'd be like. Anyone think it'd ever happen? I'd absolutely love it. La Liga (as shown yet again in the real match yest) is a total waste of a fixture list. It's all well and good scoring a million goals against holiday resort teams but as we all know 'a cold day at the brittania*' is where your footballing might is truely put to the test. I don't necessarily believe that but I can't help but think the prem is at the top of the pile when it comes to being consistently competitive.

*TM every english football pundit/journalist.

Messi is proper hard for a little'un so I don't think there's any reason to worry for his survival if he was in the PL. He'd still score a million goals just like Ronaldo did the year before he left for Madrid. In fact get him at Man Utd, he'd be fine there. Put him behind Hernandez and watch the goals fly in.

I just hope he moves somewhere whilst in his prime. The Ronaldo transfer was quite a spectacle but thisd be something else. I can't help but think hell stay at barca till he's old and move somewhere shit for the last year. Like the UAE or turkey or summat.

Guest Gladstone
I just hope he moves somewhere whilst in his prime. The Ronaldo transfer was quite a spectacle but thisd be something else. I can't help but think hell stay at barca till he's old and move somewhere shit for the last year. Like the UAE or turkey or summat.

Imagine he moved to UAE now...

It would be like watching Nefarious C tear up the SPL.

In fact, let's get the whole of Scotland to chip in and buy Messi for St Johnstone.

Guest Gladstone
I know there are some Newcastle fans on here what are your thoughts on your home strip for next season? I wouldn't have thought it possible to mess up a newcastle home top but this one is horrid.

Newcastle United 11/12 Puma Home Football Kit | 11/12 Kits | Football Shirt Culture.com

That is shit. Newcastle tops are normally quite cool. I also thought it would be difficult to fuck up black and white stripes. Black and white stripes are cool. That is ridiculous though.

Messi would fit into any team and score as many goals get as many assists as he does now.

The idea that Barca and Real are playing diddy teams every weekend is a joke. Barca and Real are just better.

Having seen Zaragoza vs Osasuna last night i'm inclined to disagree. Pub footie mistakes ahways.

The idea that Barca and Real are playing diddy teams every weekend is a joke. Barca and Real are just better.

Your second sentence disproves your first. They are in the same league therefore should be challenged, that's why the league structure exists. All other teams can't get near them therefore they are diddy teams. Same in Scotland. Dons are a diddy team compared to celtic and rangers.

Your second sentence disproves your first. They are in the same league therefore should be challenged, that's why the league structure exists. All other teams can't get near them therefore they are diddy teams. Same in Scotland. Dons are a diddy team compared to celtic and rangers.

That's not true at all. Saying Villareal or Valencia are diddy teams just because they're not as good as Barcelona or Real is ridiculous. Barcelona and Real would be ahead by a similar number of points if they were playing in the premiership.

Sorry that wasn't what I really meant.

They would have a similar points total. Which would still put them comfortably ahead.

I still disagree. They would be up there for sure but they would draw a hell of a lot more games in the PL. There's a lot more in the way of competition from the midtable clubs.

I still disagree. They would be up there for sure but they would draw a hell of a lot more games in the PL. There's a lot more in the way of competition from the midtable clubs.

I agree with this. Plus, and it might just be perception, but I think the games are physically harder in England, which would obviously take it's toll re: injuries and fitness.

There's no way Barca would have dropped as many points against lower sides as Man U have this season.

Why not? I can't see Barcelona coping with the physicality of teams like Stoke, Everton etc The more physical nature of the PL against La Liga would surely lend itself to more injuries and i doubt that Barca and Real would have the squad depth to cope with a greater risk of injury to their star players (suddenly making them seem more "ordinary").

That's not true at all. Saying Villareal or Valencia are diddy teams just because they're not as good as Barcelona or Real is ridiculous. Barcelona and Real would be ahead by a similar number of points if they were playing in the premiership.

They've already scored 18 goals against those two teams alone this season. On a world stage they're maybe not diddy. They'd beat everyone in the SPL for sure but that's irrelevant. In la liga they are diddy as fuck.

Why not? Because they're better and have been more consistent throughout the year. Man U are playing well now and in a one off match have every chance in the CL final but for a long period of the season they were nothing more than ordinary and dropped points that would have cost them the league in most recent years. Chelsea had bottom 3 form for about 2 months and still were only one match away from being top with 2 left to play. The Barca or Real sides have been consistent through pretty much the whole season and just wouldn't have dropped so many points.

And they are more than capable of handling "physical sides" like stoke. I thought Andy Gray was the only person who actually believed such comments.

They've already scored 18 goals against those two teams alone this season. On a world stage they're maybe not diddy. They'd beat everyone in the SPL for sure but that's irrelevant. In la liga they are diddy as fuck.

If that is the definition of diddy then most of the premiership is diddy teams as well.

Man Utd were beaten by Wolves

Chelsea were beaten by Sunderland, Birmingham and Wolves

Arsenal were beaten by west brom, newcastle, tottenham, Stoke

England's diddy teams give the top teams (of which there are more than two) much more of a go in England. And, that's not even taking into consideration the amount of games where it's been taken right to the wire.

I'm a big big fan of watching Real and Barca and agree they are world beaters on any stage. All i'm saying is the rest of La Liga is shit in comparison. No two ways about it. I'd rather watch West Ham vs Bolton than any la liga fixture not involving barca/real. Even when they do play it's like watching a training match.