aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

This is from another forum I read but it made me laugh.

11.08am: Surreal scene on Sky as their man outside the Spurs ground just shouts the names of random footballers in Harry Redknapp's face:

"SERGIO AGUERO!"

[Negative face wobble]

"FERNANDO TORRES!"

[Negative face wobble]

"RICKY OTTO!"

[Pause for thought, then negative face wobble]

Aye, Scott Parker?

Seems like Liverpool are keen on Andy Carroll...rumour of a 30m bid rejected by Newcastle.

I reckon Baines would be available if the money was right. Everton can't really afford to reject decent money for anyone.

I love TDD. :love:

I'd pass on Scott Parker, we'll be paying over the odds for an older player who isn't really that good in all honesty.

I think Everton would possibly agree to sell him but i think his mind is on Utd.

Aye, Scott Parker?

Seems like Liverpool are keen on Andy Carroll...rumour of a 30m bid rejected by Newcastle.

I reckon Baines would be available if the money was right. Everton can't really afford to reject decent money for anyone.

I love TDD. :love:

30 million for Andy Carrol is crazy money. Even 15 million is way over the odds IMO. The only real reason for Newcastle to reject a bid like that is no time to find an adequate replacement and AC *could* be the key to them staying up, although they're all but safe already.. It's the whole value to the club is a lot more than his actual market value argument as with Charlie Adam.

18 million plus add ons for Darren Bent, and he's a proven goal pacher, with years of top flight experience so I struggle to see why AC is worth so much more! Plus he just doesn't suit the way Liverpool play. No width to get balls in for a target man and their delivery from set pieces is pretty poor, and even worse when Gerrard isn't playing!

Arsene Wenger saying he wont be forced into the transfer market.

Come on Arsene. Please just sign a defender. And get Shay Given on loan as well.

I forgot about Given. He would probably be first pick at most prem clubs. Hart has been great I suppose.

Or Langers to Arsenal on loan, Given to Pittodrie.

I think Kenny said in his press conference this morning that the deal is now done. Just need to file the paperwork.

But when the paperwork mysteriously disappears before being filed anything will be possible!

Harry could easily get someone to do a bit of dirty work for him.

roy_hodgson_footballscoretoday.jpg

And yes, the Carrol interest does seem to suggest Torres is on his way.

Whether they'll let him go if they can't get anyone else is another question though.

But when the paperwork mysteriously disappears before being filed anything will be possible!

Harry could easily get someone to do a bit of dirty work for him.

roy_hodgson_footballscoretoday.jpg

And yes, the Carrol interest does seem to suggest Torres is on his way.

Whether they'll let him go if they can't get anyone else is another question though.

In fairness lose Torres and end the day with a strikeforce of Carroll as target man with Suarez playing off him isn't too horific. Especially as you only net spend about 5 mill.

I wouldn't be spending that much on Carroll though, half a season in the EPL and pay 30 - 35 million. No thanks.

Oh yeah I agree (with Capt America). Suarez and Carroll would be a good front two. It would show good signs of Liverpool moving forward. The silly price for Carroll is the weird part about it. Don't think Torres is worth 50 mil either so like you say it might not be too bad for them.

I still kind of expect Torres to stay. It'll be announced just after SSN run a piece where fans vent their anger against him and threaten to kill his mum. It'll be like Gerrard in '03.

Torres to score against Chelsea on Sunday and then kiss the badge.

Oh well I think I can safely assume my club won't be making any signings today. And the only player we had playing anything like decent football was sold to Luton for 50k on Friday.

So I can sit back and watch struggling teams bring in average loan players from France and Belgium and the bigger clubs pay stupid money for players! 30 million for Carroll! Fucking hell world has gone mad!

Question for you Delboy.

What do you think of Crawley's cup run?

As far as I know most non-league footie fans hate them and see obviously see them as the the Blue Square's Man City.Whereas most fans of bigger teams will see them as an underdog punching above their weight and knocking a few big boys down a peg or two. So can you put aside you league feelings and enjoy their cup success perhaps as some kind of non-league solidarity or would you like to see them embarrassed on any occasion possible?

Question for you Delboy.

What do you think of Crawley's cup run?

As far as I know most non-league footie fans hate them and see obviously see them as the the Blue Square's Man City.Whereas most fans of bigger teams will see them as an underdog punching above their weight and knocking a few big boys down a peg or two. So can you put aside you league feelings and enjoy their cup success perhaps as some kind of non-league solidarity or would you like to see them embarrassed on any occasion possible?

That's a good question! The hatred stems from pure jealousy, there's a couple of threads on the Cambridge messageboard about them and mostly are fans are moaning and whinging about them and the way they've bought themselves to be where they are now. I know one thing, the shoe would be on the other foot if it was Cambridge getting the money pumped into them!

Crawley manager Steve Evans is a shady so and so who was done for tax evasion whilst at Boston but he's a darn good manager. Rumours were him and his right hand man Paul Raynor (an ex player of ours) were heading for Cambridge when Crawley were up shits creek financially a couple of seasons ago. I'd have taken them with both hands. They know how to get the best out of players and shout and scream on the touchline causing mischief unlike a certain Mr Ling who stands clueless and bemused on the touchline hiding his chin under his coat!

A measure of how quickly Crawley have risen due to millions being pumped into them is the start of last season, 18 months ago, they beat Cambridge, it was Martin Lings first game in charge. And Steve Evans said we had almost twice the playing budget of Crawley!

So I wish them well and look upon their antics with a hint of jealousy for sure but not hatred. The only irritating thing is I wish I'd have seen a BSP club who really needs the money get such a lucrative tie! But they've done awfully well to earn the right to play Man Utd and good luck to them! But yeah they are universally hated in the BSP but mainly from bitter ex league clubs like ourselves with bugger all money!

Jason Lowe is not coming to Pittodrie on loan.....staying at Blackburn.

He must have watched the first half on Saturday and changed his mind (although he would be safe to assume he could be an automatic first choice to replace Young)

Broon is confident of getting in a new face before 11pm though...

Exciting stuff!!!