aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Bullard's injured all the time though, isn't he?

Yeah, you're right. Maybe worth a punt on a loan-to-buy deal though.

Charlie Adam for 8 million, on 45k a week

vs

Jimmy Bullard on loan (with option to buy at 2 million), on 45k a week

JB wins every time for me - both will spend a large amount of time on the bench at a club like Liverpool.

It's what I'd do in Football Manager. 8-)

[EDIT= And then unshamelessly tap Adam up for a transfer in the summer when I'd get him cheaper and can still send JB back to Hull.]

One other thing to take into account with CA v JB - Bullard is 32 on top of being perma-injured compared to Adam being only 25 and not perma-injured.

I reckon this would be a big influence.

I actually really rate Adam and his progress over the last couple of seasons has been outstanding and keeping in mind he is still at a good age. Liverpool would be a big step up but if he continues to improve in a better team then he could end up being an asset. His range of passing is a big part of his game but I think that is an attractive attribute to a lot of teams in starting attacks and releasing wide players and strikers playing off of the shoulders of the defenders. Don't know if he is worth the figures that are being mentioned but I think there is the potential for him to improve further. It will be a real make or break move for him if he gets his way.

DISCLAIMER - Still a hun though.

People who follow the SPL - is Merouane Zemmama from Hibs any good? I'm hearing that 'boro have put in a loan bid for him today.

He moved to my QPR after Adel Taraabt recommended him. I play him on the left, the right or in the hole and he's been excellent, with a few important goals too. He's not necessarily a first 11 for my mid-EPL team, but was exceptional when I signed him in the January window when we were still in the Championship. Wears the number 25.

However, none of this ever happened.

BBC Sport - Football - Celtic's Ki celebration 'highlights Scottish abuse'

Racist abuse in Scottish football? I don't think it is a problem (in that I don't think it openly exists, not that it exists and I don't think it's a problem)

No-one in their right mind would say racist abuse is one of the problems of Scottish football.

I'm not denying it exists in some shape or form (which in itself is, of course, a 'problem'), but it (from my experience) is from an extremely small minority and is very quickly stamped out by those around them.

Why would anyone be calling Ki a monkey anyway?

Thread over at aberdeen-mad about the Ki situation. Seems like a strange one.

Much as it pains me to say it, Charlie Adam is twice the footballer that Jimmy Bullard ever was. Totally incomparable. Of course Bullard at his peak far surpassed the SPL Charlie Adam, but for both of them, those days are long gone.

Bullard is a spent force, 32, stupid wage demands and more injury prone than Michael Owen (and that's flipping saying something). Plus he used to play for Peterboro United which makes him a twat by default. I hope he's happy fighting relegation with Ipswich... did have a lot of promise in his day mind.

Guest idol_wild
BBC Sport - Football - Blackpool chairman backs Ian Holloway's transfer bonus

possible reason for Holloway not wanting to sell Adams for 4 mil?

I don't know. I'd say the reason Holloway doesn't want to sell Charlie Adam for 4 million is because in today's football transfer climate, he's worth significantly more. A quality player, in my honest opinion. He's been excellent at both Championship level (which in my view is a level considerably above the SPL) and in the English Premier League, all in all for almost three years now. I'd say that merits a genuine valuation today at around 6 - 8 million.

I think 4 million is a bit of an insult to Blackpool, to be honest.

Haha, hasn't taken them long! I prefer this one...look at the smile on Keys' face.

96be6a6af10edd43dc67b232dcdc331a.gif

Soccerprint Football T Shirts - Andy Gray & Richard Keys 'Sexist' T-Shirt

[EDIT= I have to say, there are some awful t-shirts on that site.]