aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Velicka's been ditched by Aberdeen. We've told Rangers we don't want him anymore, but there's no change in Fosters loan the other way. That deal just gets better and better.

This isn't correct after all. Apparently Aberdeen have said they don't want Velicka and Rangers have now said that we have to keep him. Bet Velicka's loving life just now.

This isn't correct after all. Apparently Aberdeen have said they don't want Velicka and Rangers have now said that we have to keep him. Bet Velicka's loving life just now.

We 'have to' keep him? What bollocks. Although I suppose it saves Rangers a bit of money not having to feed him after training every day.

Actually, I've just seen Watty's comments - looks like he's just red-lining the fact that the deal won't be reversed. I imagine both parties have the option to terminate the loan deal and the two won't be linked by contract (i.e. it won't say a swap deal Foster for Velicka) so AFC sending Velicka back will, I assume, have no bearing on Rangers deal to loan Foster.

Andy Gray is fired.

Just read that. Wow.

Didn't expect that. I didn't think it would come to that. I figured Sky Sports were simply going to give them light punishment (suspended from MNF) to cover their own back and prove they don't condone the comments made by their employees, and that would be that.

Wonder if he'll be fired from FIFA too. Waddle in!

Reason Gray is fired but Keys isn't is apparantly.

"A Sky statement revealed that Gray's sacking was also linked to a similar incident in December. No details were given about what happened on that occasion, though speculation is rife that it related to an incident over a lewd comment made to Sky Sports News presenter Charlotte Jackson."

Just read that. Wow.

Didn't expect that. I didn't think it would come to that. I figured Sky Sports were simply going to give them light punishment (suspended from MNF) to cover their own back and prove they don't condone the comments made by their employees, and that would be that.

Don't the FIFA games have an affiliation of sorts with Sky Sports? The 'stats' and whatnot are all Sky Sports branded, I wonder the commentary team are part of that deal?

Just read that. Wow.

People found more clips of him saying inappropriate things to/about women from last month. Turns out he was always like that and his bosses were just hoping that no one would notice. He's also not really made an apology for it, Keys has so he'll end up holding on to his job for now. Shame. I hate Keys.

Guest Gladstone
I actually liked Andy Gray as a commentator. Oh well.

I meant to say that earlier but don't think I actually typed it out. I enjoyed his analysis on MNF with all the squiggly lines and shit. I quite liked the double act between him and Keys.

I'm a geek for shit like that.

I hate most commentators, but I quite liked Andy Gray.

I meant to say that earlier but don't think I actually typed it out. I enjoyed his analysis on MNF with all the squiggly lines and shit. I quite liked the double act between him and Keys.

Yeah, there are some commentators that force me to watch games with the sound down just so i don't have to listen to their pish but Gray was always spot on with his analysis.

I like the concept too. Gray is (was) okay, but Keys is insufferable. I wonder who they'll replace him with. Really needs to be an ex-footballer for tactical analysis reasons.

Don't the FIFA games have an affiliation of sorts with Sky Sports? The 'stats' and whatnot are all Sky Sports branded, I wonder the commentary team are part of that deal?

Are they? I haven't noticed if they are. I have noticed that Sky Sports stats on televised games are EA Sports branded though.

It'll be weird to lose the Tyler/Gray partnership. It's been going for as long as football has been shown on Sky as far as I can recollect. Still don't like Gray though, so not that bothered.

Redknapp needs to get himself into the Co-Com seat. Swap those skinny ties for a big rain coat.

Are they? I haven't noticed if they are. I have noticed that Sky Sports stats on televised games are EA Sports branded though.

It'll be weird to lose the Tyler/Gray partnership. It's been going for as long as football has been shown on Sky as far as I can recollect. Still don't like Gray though, so not that bothered.

Redknapp needs to get himself into the Co-Com seat. Swap those skinny ties for a big rain coat.

It's maybe just the news pages, I think on the left-hand-side of the career mode page there is a 'Sky Sports News' option or similar. I tried to find a screenshot but to no avail.

Sounds like me after my parents' divorce.

So who's all going to the semi-final to see the Tims get beat?

Am I reading this right...are people actually stating that they LIKE Andy Grays commentary? Good Lord, my finger is off the pulse, I thought his shit line in matey, imagined conversation and Primary Three analysis had been recognised as pish for years.

GIRFUY you fat, sexist, thick Hun wank. Get back to pretending that youre English on some foreign cable sports channel someplace. Useless joke of a man.

Guest Gladstone
Am I reading this right...are people actually stating that they LIKE Andy Grays commentary? Good Lord, my finger is off the pulse, I thought his shit line in matey, imagined conversation and Primary Three analysis had been recognised as pish for years.

GIRFUY you fat, sexist, thick Hun wank. Get back to pretending that youre English on some foreign cable sports channel someplace. Useless joke of a man.

Yup - you're reading it right.

People have different opinions sometimes.

8o

Guest Gladstone
I am genuinely surprised...I always just kind of assumed that people had seen through his schtick a long time back.

Out of all the analysis on football shows on the TV, I probably like Andy Gray's MNF stuff the most.

It's not that I love him or anything, but most commentators do my nut in, but I can quite happily listen to his commentary. If someone else takes over the MNF and does good in-depth analysis, I won't miss Andy Gray.

Out of all the analysis on football shows on the TV, I probably like Andy Gray's MNF stuff the most.

It's not that I love him or anything, but most commentators do my nut in, but I can quite happily listen to his commentary. If someone else takes over the MNF and does good in-depth analysis, I won't miss Andy Gray.

I just have an in-built hatred for commentators with egos. Andy Gray is the king of them all; constantly making it about himself: 'Didn't I say he should have a pop?' or 'Yup, just like I was saying, he's had a pop' or 'when I was playing I would have had a pop'.

And his imagined conversations drive me mental: 'Berba says "here you go Wayne, have a pop", and Wayne says "Thankyou very much", just like I thought he would'.

I honestly haven't seen anything vaguely elucidatory (real word?) in his analysis either. Just a heap of squiggly lines and back-patting.

Grade A fud, who has been shown up as a nasty little wanker.

Sure a job at Talksport will await Gray. Dunno I get the feeling they wanted an excuse to get rid of him, not a popular man at Sky Sports reading between the lines.

Think a lot of fuss is made about some things, it's where you draw the line between banter and something offensive I suppose. Everyone has different views on the line. But seems a bit suspect something is unearthed from last month and he gets the chop.

Not seen much of him in recent years so not overly bothered but never liked him much or Keys for that matter.

Blackpool two up on Man U, with the great DJ Campbell on target for the second. What's the betting there will be three hours of Fergie time if the seasiders are still ahead near the end of the game.

Incredibly Cambridge United not losing at Crawley with almost 40 mins played... am absolutely flabberghasted! Expected to be three down by this point!