aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Watched the Arsenal game tonight. Arshavin doesn't look as bad as made out at the moment. He's making good runs and that but he looks like he has no confidence at all!

Fabregas looked a bit off pace tonight as well. All Arsenal for 60 minutes though, break through was inevitable.

I really enjoyed the first half. Arsenal have been pretty good though and deserve to be in the final. Would have liked to see Ipswich there though. Bendtner's goal was VG.

Got home from work and Blackpool were 2 up and Ipswich were holding Arsenal. Tune in to the Blackpool game to see United have just scored and then I get to see them score two more in the following few mins. Then I read BBC and see Arsenal have score 2. Fuck Football, it's shit.

That pen call at 2-0 is pretty significant now. Can't see United losing the lead now, things are just going their way this season.

Surprised about Andy Gray, the new footage of him doesn't make him more of a sexist, just means he's been caught more than once. I'm not sure of the logic of keeping Keys and firing him. Although I did hear Keys phoned the lineswoman to apologise and Andy did fuck all.

He was an awful pundit anyway. I can't believe his analysis would ever be described as "in-depth". I think there's plenty of rules he doesn't really know. He's said before that he sees his job primarily rather as a promoter of the product than as someone who gives honest analysis of what he's seen. His biggest problem right there. His comment that Messi couldn't play against Stoke really should have been enough to get fired. Much worse than this sexism stuff.

I'm not saying there are loads better on tv, almost all tv punditry is awful. There aren't enough football journalists used on tv. Sure ex players give some good insight but there tactical knowledge is often found wanting. A mixture of the two on tv panels would be good. From what I've seen it seems to work well on Sky's La Liga coverage.

I dream of the Football weekly podcast crew being handed the reigns to a major tv football show.

Oh well trashed 3-0 tonight, so predictable, only a matter of time before another managerial sacking. Martin Ling is the latest in an impressive list of completely clueless football managers employed by Cambridge United.

Typical Man U to come back from 2 down, looking good for another title methinks.

Can't wait for Holloway to concoct a clusterfuck rant involving the unfairly unsettled Charlie Adam and the penalty decision. I think he might burst into flames. It was a great game though. Berbatov is just ridiculous at the moment, and Hernandez just might be the fastest man alive. Bad knack on the bonce for Rafael though. The camera flicked over to Fabio on the touchline who looked like he was in tears. Brotherly fucking love!

Ex-players are usually awful pundits, with a few exceptions. I like Hansen because he knows defending, and I like Lawro because he's entertaining, but the likes of Shearer, Andy Townsend, Redknapp, Dwight fucking Yorke?! They all have nothing to say, ever. I prefer it when managers pop up on the panel, as they usually have a little bit more of an elaborate and concise tactical insight. But then again, it's just an uneccesary job. We are all watching the game, and we can all see what is going on. I don't need to hear Redknapp go over the whole game again for me.

I haven't seen Match of the Day much recently either. MY opinions of his decline are mostly based on the last couple of major international tournaments where he clearly couldn't give a fuck about 85% of the teams.

[Edit} It was probably just the last world cup. Any BBC coverage of the tournament I saw was embarrassingly awful for them, well below past beeb standards.

Keys could still be following Gray out the door, yet another video has appeared.

Could Keys be in hot water after ANOTHER video is leaked online? - FourFourTwo's Inside Track - FourFourTwo

I like how embarresed Redknap looks by the whole thing. It's also creepy hearing keys talking about sex by saying "smashed it", you're not in a university rugby team Keys. You're like 50, stop that.