aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

horrible weekend of football with the scum winning title in emphatic fashion against us. Adding insult to injury, the glory hunters pished onto the pitch at full time pushed our goalie to the deck and started kicking him and some fat naked bloke in speedos was hanging around too.

disgusting stuff with the habitants/mutants of Arbroath showing their true colours.....

That's what I've heard. Reckon a team with a bit of buying power could try and coax him away from Germany, though he's said he doesn't want to go abroad.

I hope Schalke slap a 30million tag on him. For LOLs. Someone would pay it, because he's right good.

Yeah, i reckon he'll cost around 17m from what i've heard. I think what's stopping him from considering Man Utd is the shadow of Van Der Sar and what happened previously when another Utd legend, Schmeichel, retired and the reception his replacements had.

Could be. The flurry of Schmeichel replacements were very poor for the most part though. Tiaibi and Carroll especially. Never rated Bosnich and Barthez too highly either, despite being regarded as good keepers. They should have stuck with Howard though, but then Van Der Sar may never have happened. Howard is a superb keeper these days. One of the best in the league, in my opinion.

Van Der Sar still has another year left in him. Retiring to be with his family is just selfish. He's totally whipped.

Could be. The flurry of Schmeichel replacements were very poor for the most part though. Tiaibi and Carroll especially. Never rated Bosnich and Barthez too highly either, despite being regarded as good keepers. They should have stuck with Howard though, but then Van Der Sar may never have happened. Howard is a superb keeper these days. One of the best in the league, in my opinion.

Van Der Sar still has another year left in him. Retiring to be with his family is just selfish. He's totally whipped.

I'm a Howard fan as well but he's really just a great shot stopper. He's a bit of a flapper at crosses probably wouldn't want him as my keeper in a Champions League final. Really good EPL keeper though.

I'm a Howard fan as well but he's really just a great shot stopper. He's a bit of a flapper at crosses probably wouldn't want him as my keeper in a Champions League final. Really good EPL keeper though.

I see him as a similar sort of keeper to Gomes at Spurs, who fits into the above category.

Think that goes for most EPL keepers. Apart from Van Der Sar and maybe Cech, I don't see many who are very complete. Given gets heaps of praise, but he is awful at dealing with aerial balls. He's always rooted to his line too. Ridiculous reflexes though, but poor decision making.

Keepers don't have to be good at that stuff anymore anyway. They just need to rub shoulders with a striker as the ball comes in and it's a foul.

Hopefully El Classico Mk III will be better than the last couple. I can't remember the last time I saw Barca without Xavi and Iniesta so could be interesting but I'd imagine they will still dominate possession

Didn't realise Xavi was out too. I imagine Messi will play a deeper role to compensate, as they don't have many other players who can retain the ball like X&I. I hope that means Affelay will play out on the wing. Great player going to waste on the Barca bench. They shouldn't buy players, ever, unless they get rid of a starting XI player.

Didn't realise Xavi was out too. I imagine Messi will play a deeper role to compensate, as they don't have many other players who can retain the ball like X&I. I hope that means Affelay will play out on the wing. Great player going to waste on the Barca bench. They shouldn't buy players, ever, unless they get rid of a starting XI player.

I didn't know he was out either :p it was a bad choice of words, I can't remember the last time I saw Barca without BOTH Xavi and Iniesta

Seems Thiago Alcantara is above Affelay in the pecking order and is tipped to play. Never seem him before so can't comment.

Having Affelay and Messi on the wings would probably scare most defences then. Affelay is ridiculously quick so combine that with Messi dancing past half the team and it's just a recipe for lots of bookings. Ramos isn't slow but he showed against Bale he can be dribbled around easily (when he's not commiting dirty fouls and kicking people all over the shop of course)

Guest Gladstone
Rangers are poised to launch a 6m double Serie A swoop for Juventus striker Vincenczo Iaquinta and Lazio right-back Stephen Lichtsteiner if Craig Whyte's takeover of the Glasgow club is completed. (Daily Express)

And so it begins...

Young, Howard, McNamee, Vujadinovic, Blackman, Anderson all being moved on.

Dons announce departures | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed today what is happening with the out of contract players as Craig Brown steps up his rebuilding job for next season.

Derek Young, David McNamee and Mark Howard have all been told they won't be offered new contracts.

Loan players, Nikola Vujadinovic , Nick Blackman and Myles Anderson will all return to their respective clubs at the end of the season.

Steven Smith also returns to Norwich City however Craig Brown is keen to keep hold of the influential defender should an agreement be reached between both clubs.

Contracts had already been offered to Sone Aluko and Chris Maguire and Jamie Langfield has also been offered a new deal. If they sign they will join Rob Milsom who put pen to paper last week.

The manager would like to express his thanks to all of the above players for their contribution to the club, in particular Derek Young who has been an outstanding professional, making close to 250 appearances for Aberdeen FC.

"Derek's commitment and willingness to play in a variety of positions for the team made him an invaluable asset for us this season and it was a very hard decision for us to make but by allowing Derek to leave it will enable us to free up space to recruit new players. It is in no way a reflection of his efforts for the club, which have been exemplary.

"Mark Howard understandably wants to play every week and he was clearly number 2 here so he will now get the opportunity to play elsewhere. David McNamee has been bedevilled by injury during his time here but he made a great contribution to the team short term when we were struggling at full back."

Young, Howard, McNamee, Vujadinovic, Blackman, Anderson all being moved on.

Dons announce departures | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Thought we would have tried to keep McNamee. Good full back but then if he's nae fit there's nae point. The rest can GTF. I'd also like to extend my thanks to Dk Young for all his endeavour but time to move on. Can't see us keeping Maguire.

What about the Dazzler? Is he coming back with a bang next season?