aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I'm off to the Fife derby today with a bunch of Raith supporting mates. Hopefully United can stuff Killie first and set up a fun afternoon...

That'll be a great game! A pretty much sold out title/promotion decider. If raith win the league, Andy Kirk from Dunfermline is our summer target, whereas a Dunfermline title win means Gregory Tade from Raith is the preferred ICT signing. Apparently.

I'm down in Cardross helping the missus move into our new flat, so I'm hoping to make the 2 minute train journey to Dumbarton v Ayr Utd today, since there's no ICT game till Monday. Getting to cross another stadium off the 'been there' list :)

Heard a rumour that Ryan Giggs got caught with his pants down, up to the nuts in Imogen off of Big Brother. He's had a gagging order placed on the press and Fergie's raging at him.

/heat magazine

I sure hope that's not true. TBH, its in Heat, so its almost definitely not true. Anyway, wouldn't want his fantastic career to be tarnished in any way in its twilight. He's the best player I've ever seen in the flesh.

United/Everton game was a stonker for a 1-0. First half especially. Second half, Everton defended excellently, and Howard made an aware tip over from a close range header. Distin and Jagielka were solid at the back, though it was a momentary lapse from Distin that let Valencia in for the cross. Great leap from Hernandez, as always. That kid just ignores gravity.

Arsenal always crumble in April. I'm surprised they kept up this long. They don't have a great squad. Their best defender has been injured all season, and the rest are not really title winning defenders. Clichy has plummeted to one of the worst fullbacks in the league. Denilson is pants. Diaby hasn't developed like everyone expected. Rosicky was ruined by his injury. Nasri is Nani Mk.II - Infuriatingly inconsistent. Chamakh is Berbatov Mk.II - Doesn't look arsed about anything. Theo has the potential to be incredible, but he makes poor decisions constantly, and he's old enough now to not be doing that. Fabregas is supreme, but he doesn't look to be playing wholeheartedly like he did last season. There's only Van Persie and Wilshere who really have any consistent drive and desire. It's nowhere near enough. There's only so long the likes of RVP and Fabregas will stick around without winning anything, and being able to see what is wrong with the team whilst Wenger does nothing about it, year on year.

3-0 away win for Caley tonight to go with my first ever 5 goal haul in a 8-3 Drummonds Thistle win yesterday has made it a fantastic 24 hours of football :)

I've also found out I'll be sharing Hampden pitch with Scott Booth at the end of the month in a Scotland charity match. I'll be moaning at him for not joining ICT for his final season, with him instead choosing to join Setanta.*

*In addition to trying to get his shirt at the end of the match...

3-0 away win for Caley tonight to go with my first ever 5 goal haul in a 8-3 Drummonds Thistle win yesterday has made it a fantastic 24 hours of football :)

I've also found out I'll be sharing Hampden pitch with Scott Booth at the end of the month in a Scotland charity match. I'll be moaning at him for not joining ICT for his final season, with him instead choosing to join Setanta.*

*In addition to trying to get his shirt at the end of the match...

I played at Excelsior stadium today. Playing in real stadiums is awesome.

Guest Gladstone
btw... what on earth was the Dunfermline mascot/PR dpt thinking when deciding to make this embarrassment?:

What do you mean? Surely he's just driving a real life army tank across the pitch? I'm not sure how they managed to afford a real life army tank or where they stole it from, but surely they didn't make it??