aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Your kind offers to help towards purchasing my beloved football team are choking me up. I shall put the deal to the chairman when he can be arsed coming to a game next since he lives in America.

Think the signed photo of Michael Watt could be the one that persuades the board to sell to the Aberdeen Music consortium.

Better get your maps out as you'll be made to go and watch that shower of shit play at the likes of Barrow, Bath City, Southport and Eastbourne (which is very nice for a day out if the fixture is played early or late season!).

Your kind offers to help towards purchasing my beloved football team are choking me up. I shall put the deal to the chairman when he can be arsed coming to a game next since he lives in America.

Think the signed photo of Michael Watt could be the one that persuades the board to sell to the Aberdeen Music consortium.

Better get your maps out as you'll be made to go and watch that shower of shit play at the likes of Barrow, Bath City, Southport and Eastbourne (which is very nice for a day out if the fixture is played early or late season!).

I've got several biros with dried up ink and an empty pizza box (with not-so-greaseproof paper intact) if that'll help.

Oh, and half a box of cornflakes that have lost their crunch.

If anyone has a Spongebob Squarepants DVD to throw in I think we may be on to a winner.

Too obvious to make a "Goodwillie" joke, but there goes his proposed move to the English league.

Come to think of it, that'll stand him in good stead for it...

He has got a bit of 'form' too, being an arsehole in nightclubs etc. Would be funny to see him sent down, a pretty boy like him wouldn't be anal retentive for too long.

Just heading off to Glasgow. A look at the firstie league table this morning = happiness. I'd give it until ten past three....

I've got several biros with dried up ink and an empty pizza box (with not-so-greaseproof paper intact) if that'll help.

If anyone has a Spongebob Squarepants DVD to throw in I think we may be on to a winner.

I have two.

I'll donate the movie but I think I'll keep the collection of scary halloween episodes.

Knew I could rely on your infamous generosity Christie :up:

Q: What time is it?

A: Six past Stirling!

Total massacre at Firhill today. Stirling were actually alright for the first half hour, but at 2-0 they folded like a paper bag in a force 10 gale. Could have easily been double figures, and the Binos penalty was never a pen, the footballing equivalent of a pity fuck from the ref that one.

Nevertheless, :up::up::up::up::up::up:

How was todders today? I am surprised and delighted by how well we're doing under broon. Long may it continue.

Not loads of clear cut chances but we were the dominant team for sure. Delighted with the result. Vujodenovic (sp?) was good when he came on, new midfielder Milson looked like he could be a decent signing once he settles in a bit. 2-0 was a fair scoreline.

Nae bullshittin' with Broon n' Knox though. If you play at right back and start fannying aroond and geein' the ba' awa' in yer own half, yer gettin' hooked before half time. I respect that.

Scotty Vernon, what a hero.

Guest idol_wild
Not loads of clear cut chances but we were the dominant team for sure. Delighted with the result. Vujodenovic (sp?) was good when he came on, new midfielder Milson looked like he could be a decent signing once he settles in a bit. 2-0 was a fair scoreline.

Nae bullshittin' with Broon n' Knox though. If you play at right back and start fannying aroond and geein' the ba' awa' in yer own half, yer gettin' hooked before half time. I respect that.

I've only seen little flashes of Scott Vernon in an Aberdeen shirt. What sort of player is he? From what I've observed, he's got a decent footballing brain on his shoulders, and tends to always chose the correct option, in addition to having a bit of strength and ability in the air. I recall some of the players saying in the press that he looked akin to Lee Miller, but he looks distinctly more dynamic than Lee Miller ever was.

Like the look of him, though.

I've only seen little flashes of Scott Vernon in an Aberdeen shirt. What sort of player is he? From what I've observed, he's got a decent footballing brain on his shoulders, and tends to always chose the correct option, in addition to having a bit of strength and ability in the air. I recall some of the players saying in the press that he looked akin to Lee Miller, but he looks distinctly more dynamic than Lee Miller ever was.

Like the look of him, though.

Scott Vernon is a strong centre forward, who is good at getting his head on the end of long balls and has a few nice little touches and flicks out to the wingers that are often the catalyst of an attack. Far better than Miller was.

Good finisher and can never be faulted for his commitment at any rate, chasing every ball down. Pairs up really well with Chris Maguire, which I'm sure you won't appreciate. 12 goals or so this season for what has been a pretty terrible Aberdeen side (up until the last 5 games). Quite a likeable guy too, seems to enjoy being at Aberdeen and is a big fans favourite.

Knew I could rely on your infamous generosity Christie :up:

I was only offering what I thought your team was worth, along with all the other stuff people have kindly offered to donate of course, I wouldn't be so insulting as to suggest they were only worth what I brought to the table.

BTW, if they do go for it, let me know asap because I can throw in half a packet of Tesco value chocolate chip cookies for our first signing. I can't keep these for too long or they'll end up the same way as the corn flakes. We probably wouldn't even get a Histon player for soggy cookies.

Surely McNamee came off because of injury? I think he's an ace player and was pretty much are only creative player in the 1st half. Admittedly made a few errors, but I don't think they warranted him being subbed. Vuji looked solid, good player, possibly lacking match practice.

Anyway, another encouraging performance from the team. Chris Maguire isn't nearly as good as he thinks yet and needs to get his feet back on the ground. He was still our best player though....

'Mon the Dons. Long live Broony and Knox.

PS: Its great having a strike partnership!!!

Pretty great time to be a Dons fan. 10 points from 12 is an amazing turn around since Brown and Knox have taken over. The better they do the worse McGhee looks. I guess he can at least take credit for signing Vernon, who looks set to go on and get the highest goal tally for a Dons player in a long time.

Hoping for Everton and Spurs wins today. I think Liverpool will win this one though. I'm optimistic that the Spurs - Utd game will be a cracker. It's got goals written all over it. Although with all Sky's super sunday hype there might be 4 0-0's in the premiership today.

I'm going to see Barca against Malaga tonight. Malaga are pretty much the only team in La Liga with money just now and they've just bought a load of new players, so it could be interesting. More realistically all the players they've bought are average and they wont be used to playing with other yet and it will be a routine 5-0 win for barca.

I was only offering what I thought your team was worth, along with all the other stuff people have kindly offered to donate of course, I wouldn't be so insulting as to suggest they were only worth what I brought to the table.

BTW, if they do go for it, let me know asap because I can throw in half a packet of Tesco value chocolate chip cookies for our first signing. I can't keep these for too long or they'll end up the same way as the corn flakes. We probably wouldn't even get a Histon player for soggy cookies.

I will contribute a 3/4 full bag of Spokey Dokeys.

Ok this jokes getting old now.

a credible 3-3 draw in the FA Trophy against very good opposition yesterday. Ok so they're a league below but are top of the Blue Square North. Should dispose of them at the Abbey Stadium on Tuesday night when I shall be putting my consortium bid to the board... watch this space!

With a number of decent conference sides getting knocked out yesterday (bar Luton) dare I dream of a Wembley trip in May? Probably not but its nice to have some optimism in what has been a disappointing season so far. Play offs still an outside bet mind.