aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone
There was a great moment on Open All Mics on Saturday just as the second halves kicked off.

Jim Spence - "AAOOOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!!!"

Richard Gordon - "It sounds like there's been some early excitement at Easter Road, lets go to Jim Spence and find out what's happened!"

Jim Spence - "Er no. Somebody made me coffee instead of tea and I just tasted it".

Classic Radio Scotland.

That's ridiculous.

As a tea drinker who hates coffee, I would never get as far as tasting it before realising it was coffee. Amateur.

Guest idol_wild
However if the gate from a full Ibrox was split the club in question rather than earning an extra 2000 seats or whatever from their home game would earn an extra 20,000 or so.

Why should capacity crowds at Ibrox or Parkhead be split to give the visiting club a percentage of tickets they failed to sell?

I think the fairest way would simply be to remunerate every club directly for the tickets they have sold. However, if this happened, Rangers and Celtic would become even wealthier.

Aside from Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, I think I'm pretty confident in saying that Rangers and Celtic will have more fans than the home club in every stadium in Scotland - yet the home club gets to keep all the receipts? I think that's pretty fucking good hussle for all the provincial clubs, to be perfectly honest.

Man, I can't believe I'm almost defending the Old Firm. I feel physically sick and I am trembling constantly. Hold me. I'm scared.

Why should capacity crowds at Ibrox or Parkhead be split to give the visiting club a percentage of tickets they failed to sell?

I think the fairest way would simply be to remunerate every club directly for the tickets they have sold. However, if this happened, Rangers and Celtic would become even wealthier.

Aside from Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, I think I'm pretty confident in saying that Rangers and Celtic will have more fans than the home club in every stadium in Scotland - yet the home club gets to keep all the receipts? I think that's pretty fucking good hussle for all the provincial clubs, to be perfectly honest.

Man, I can't believe I'm almost defending the Old Firm. I feel physically sick and I am trembling constantly. Hold me. I'm scared.

You've changed, man.

Totally agree with your point though.

As an aside, found out today that Kilmarnocks stadium allegedly has an 18,000 capacity. What the hell for?! There's never anyone at their games. It's the equivalent of Aberdeen having a 90,000 capacity stadium as Killie only has a population of about 44,000. Fuckin' hate that team. Kilmarnock, not Aberdeen.

Guest Gladstone
How is commercial and broadcasting revenue distributed between SPL clubs?

All revenues generated by the SPL are effectively put into one pot. A support payment to the SFL and parachute payments to recently relegated clubs are then deducted from that pot. All associated costs of running the SPL are also deducted.

The remaining amount is split two ways to the member clubs: 48% is divided equally between all 12 clubs while 52% is distributed to teams dependant upon their final league position. The higher up the table that a club finishes, the more money they will receive.

About the Scottish Premier League

So - appearance money doesn't appear to come into it - it's league placing that determines how much more money each team gets.

EDIT: Here's another question regarding TV money. One argument against a bigger league is that the money will need to be spread between more teams. However, there will actually be 20 teams in the newly proposed SPL - 10 in each division. Surely SPL2 will be getting a share of that TV money, otherwise the argument that being relegated to SPL2 will be much better financially than being relegated into the current First Division is bollocks??

Guest idol_wild
You've changed, man.

Totally agree with your point though.

As an aside, found out today that Kilmarnocks stadium allegedly has an 18,000 capacity. What the hell for?! There's never anyone at their games. It's the equivalent of Aberdeen having a 90,000 capacity stadium as Killie only has a population of about 44,000. Fuckin' hate that team. Kilmarnock, not Aberdeen.

I have changed. I no longer have red-tinted spectacles.

Rugby Park has always been quite a large stadium in relative terms - before redevelopment, when it had arched terracing being each goal, the capacity was around 20,000, if I recall correctly. Deisel can perhaps ascertain this.

I think Kilmarnock maintained that capacity in hope more than anything.

I do share your disliking for Kilmarnock as a club, though. Pitiful little club and I'm not a fan of the town itself. Good pies, though. Really good pies.