aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

You know who really make my piss boil? Tool. Fucking Tool. What an absolute atrocious shower of shit this band is. I don't give a flying fuck how innovative and progressive some gumby metal fuckwit whose idea of a forward-thinking band is System of a Down think they are, I don't care how many unconventional time signatures they can fit into a single song, I don't care how much weird, artsy bullshit with deep, symbolic meanings Adam Jones can fit into their videos, I don't care if Maynard Keenan just acts like an unlikeable asshole just to take the piss outta journalists LOL; their songs are boring as fuck and they're pretentious beyond belief. I hate Tool. Fuck Tool.

I agree. The first A Perfect Circle album is right good though...

Very few bands/singers out there that get me in a frothy rage, some I dislike or can't be bothered with but the few that do send me into spasm are:

Beyonce (fat arsed god bothering prima donna)

Lady Gaga (anyone who has a 50+ entourage needs a sanity check)

J-Lo (as above but with a huge fat arse)

50 Cent (about time for someone else to shoot him)

P Diddy (and the thousands of bling toting wannabe acts)

Kids In Glass Houses (annoying up their own arse pricks)

Bring Me The Horizon (as above and possibly even more full of themselves)

Oasis (at last, no more! (hopefully))

U2 (well, really Bono)

Amy Whinehouse (why oh why oh why is this nasty fetid abomination still trundling around)

Pete Doherty (surely he must have an OD soon!)

Leona Lewis (the pinnacle in reality tv blandness)

Whitney Houston (drug addled annoying blandness)

Coldplay (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

A nice room in Hotel Salt Mine Siberia for the lot of them. Though probably just me being a prick as I am both a Slayer and Pantera fan (and I even like Trivium (well, don't dislike)).

• Upvote 1

I really don't have much against any band or artist. Each to their own is my view. Kanye West I really dislike both as a personality and a "rapper" though. He is a cunt, plain and simple. Aside from him, I can't really think of anyone. Even Cunty Blunty and Chris Martin I can understand. They perhaps serve a purpose I suppose. Most love-em-or-hate-em bands please a large number of persons and for this reason alone I can 'stand' them ...if only for giving me a reason to listen to something else. That West cunt shouldn't be allowed near a microphone however and it baffles me how he found success. If I don't enjoy a band, I don't listen to their music or read about them, some bands/artists are hard to escape and he is one of them.

If there are any Kanye fans out there, please tell me why he is so good. I'm genuinely interested to know what the appeal is.

I'm sure they've been mentioned on this thread somewhere but Crowded House deserve a mention. Although I do have a sneaky admiration for some of their stuff mainly 4th album 'together alone' but even most of that is duller than the dullest dishwater. No wonder drummer paul hester topped himself just before they reformed in 2006, he probably couldnt face the prospect of dying of boredom so decided to hang himself instead!

they should be immediately killed for 'weather with you'

My car radio only picks up Radio 1 these days and, as a result, I find myself asking: when did it become ok for every pop song under the sun to be so obviously autotuned? To the extent that it sounds like a spectrum loading? I don't get it. Presumably at least some of these people can actually sing.

Take that Kesha (Ke$ha?) song about P Diddy and toothbrushes. What the fuck is going on there? She sounds like she's drowing at one point.

Note to self: buy more tapes for car.

You know who really make my piss boil? Tool. Fucking Tool. What an absolute atrocious shower of shit this band is. I don't give a flying fuck how innovative and progressive some gumby metal fuckwit whose idea of a forward-thinking band is System of a Down think they are, I don't care how many unconventional time signatures they can fit into a single song, I don't care how much weird, artsy bullshit with deep, symbolic meanings Adam Jones can fit into their videos, I don't care if Maynard Keenan just acts like an unlikeable asshole just to take the piss outta journalists LOL; their songs are boring as fuck and they're pretentious beyond belief. I hate Tool. Fuck Tool.

Yes!

Maynard Keenan is awesome though because he apparently hates Tool fans too. I mean, how couldn't he?

Disclaimer: By which I mean those message board dwelling fucks who waste terrabytes of webspace talking about mathematical sequences and 7/14 time signatures and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

If there are any Kanye fans out there, please tell me why he is so good. I'm genuinely interested to know what the appeal is.

I like him probably because he is a cunt, and I know full well he is. I quite like those considered cunts. Paul McCartney seems to get a similar reputation as an easily disliked cunt, and I think he is great. I guess I always side with the baddie.

having read quite a lot of this forum i am almost felled by the unexplainable absence of anyone having complete disdain for Jamie T.

The only plus point i can see for his music is the fact that if he didnt make money from it he would be on the dole like all the other cunts that look like him. one of his songs came on the radio when i was driving and i swear i hit the off button on the radio so hard i pretty much punched it. My girlfriend looked at me as if i had just eaten her dog.

Oh yeah, and that song that keeps saying 'riverside' over and over, no idea who it is and i dont care but it makes me angry enough to eat my front door.....

After bumping into Christy yesterday I was alerted to what I had previously regarded as background noise in The Hub, I refer to SubTV. If you were to sit down and watch the shit you would see all of the worst songs by all the worst artists one after the other. The song I was alerted to was called Diane by a band called Operahouse and right enough, it was garbage. Thankfully this band have split up now but it really was an awful song. Awful. Anyway, this is more me hating on SubTV than a specific band.

As I work at the hub and regularly drink coffee there, my heightened awareness of this musical atrocity is really starting to chafe. The worst thing is that this song Diane was played two more times in the space of 3 hours; a pattern that was emulated by the most recent Eminen song and some equally shite scruffy-but-cool-but-lazy-shit-music-and-lyrics-cunt-faced-but-excused-because-they're-scruffy-and-cool-plinky-plonky-indie-shite as Operahouse.

I am frankly upset that this background noise is something that I have to hate on a daily basis now. I'm going to have to find a new job now...

Have you heard his first album (The College Dropout)? It's pretty decent. Probably a 3/5. I wouldn't say it's a great album by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a nice, unchallenging listen, and none of the songs are as horrible as the stuff he's released since. He's a reasonable producer, too.

God, why the fuck am I sticking up for Kanye West? He's a fuckbucket of the highest calibre. I hope he burns.

i know i will probably get scorned for this but rhianna? really, i dont get why everyone has such a massive hard on for her. am i the only one that sees her eyes are waaayyy to far apart to be sexy? frog girl...ribbit

Consider yourself scorned!

fanny, arse, mouth, arse, fanny... that is the order in which I'd shag her. I've already thought it out, she's that hot. Her music is gash though.