aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Daft Punk. Maybe not a band, I'm not sure of their live set up, but i really cannot stand Daft Punk. Most people I know love them but I just don't get it or something. I heard some live stuff from my flatmate, in an attempt to try and change my mind as it's "amazin'", but that made me hate them even more. They start with one song then go into another song then mix both the songs together. That is what they seem to do, just that. I hate the way they have a stupid, synthetically alterred voice that sings some nonsensicle garbage in exactly they same melody as they keys and guitar; which are often just one note. That song Robot Rock is really shit and every other song I can't remember the name of is equally shit.

I hate Daft Punk.

Do you like acts like Justice or 2manydjs, or is it just Daft Punk you hate?

I hate what Pop Punk means now. It used to mean grown men wearing shorts, jumping off of speakers and mooning 'The Man'. Now, it's girly boys in skinny jeans and hair extensions, with their neon clothes and trucker caps, clarting on about lasses on Myspace and dancing. There's synths and shit too, and they do that Dawsons Creek thing with their voices, all grating and high pitched so only dogs can hear it. I don't know what happened to songs about skateboarding and being grounded, but it's been replaced by complicated metaphors about shagging lasses.

What a hoax.

I hate what Pop Punk means now. It used to mean grown men wearing shorts, jumping off of speakers and mooning 'The Man'. Now, it's girly boys in skinny jeans and hair extensions, with their neon clothes and trucker caps, clarting on about lasses on Myspace and dancing. There's synths and shit too, and they do that Dawsons Creek thing with their voices, all grating and high pitched so only dogs can hear it. I don't know what happened to songs about skateboarding and being grounded, but it's been replaced by complicated metaphors about shagging lasses.

What a hoax.

Quality use of words.

Do you like acts like Justice or 2manydjs, or is it just Daft Punk you hate?

I can understand Justice being considered as legitimate music but 2manydjs suck baws. I have not heard a great deal of Justice though. Neither are as bad as Daft Punk in my opinion but maybe I hate them more as they are forced upon me everywhere I go: "Oh, you're in to music. Do you like Daft Punk?" (what have they got to do with music I ask myself?)

I can understand Justice being considered as legitimate music but 2manydjs suck baws. I have not heard a great deal of Justice though. Neither are as bad as Daft Punk in my opinion but maybe I hate them more as they are forced upon me everywhere I go: "Oh, you're in to music. Do you like Daft Punk?" (what have they got to do with music I ask myself?)

I was curious if it was just the genre you hated or if it was just Daft Punk. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but they will make me dance. Same goes for 2manydjs and Justice, although Justice are a little over-played.

Daft Punk seem to have this weird reputation as dance music 'smart' people can like, which is pretty weird because 'One More Time' makes me think of girls in spangly tops sicking up a gut everytime I hear it. Other than that, I do like them - I just think the artists that they've inspired are often more interesting and are more likely to sound good outside of a club.

You can celebrate by buying this:

oc-onesie.jpg

That thing is incredible. Perfect bedtime clothing for faux-indie manchildren to cream themselves in while watching (500) Days of Summer, making twee pictures out of macaroni and poster-paint or listening to Owl City

I was curious if it was just the genre you hated or if it was just Daft Punk. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but they will make me dance. Same goes for 2manydjs and Justice, although Justice are a little over-played.

Daft Punk seem to have this weird reputation as dance music 'smart' people can like, which is pretty weird because 'One More Time' makes me think of girls in spangly tops sicking up a gut everytime I hear it. Other than that, I do like them - I just think the artists that they've inspired are often more interesting and are more likely to sound good outside of a club.

Yeah, the dance music for "smart" people thing is so true. It's also a load o' shite. Music - for the most part - doesn't/shouldn't get involved with one's perceptions of another person's intelligence. You either like music or you don't. Some of the smartest people I know have an i-pod containing one Beyonce song, three Lady Gaga songs and Coldplays most recent album (if you know what i mean...). Incidentally, I think I might like Owl City. Especially if they are anything like Postal Service which I have heard them being described as.

Fucking Owl City! Fuck you! I really properly fucking hate this total wank horse of a shit band. ARGH!! This band may be the catalyst for myself to go on some kind of knife frenzy down King Street, hacking up Aberdeen uni students. Is it possible that they could be so shit and fucking annoying that they will stop me from enjoying The Postal Service?

Is it possible that they could be so shit and fucking annoying that they will stop me from enjoying The Postal Service?

My worry is that one day I'll be rocking some Postal Service at work and I'll overhear some cretin mentioning Owl City in a positive manner, leading to me jumping the counter and biting their ear off in front of everyone.

I really hate the general electronic piano sound on that record. Haven't really heard it too many times, though, thankfully.

Give Up was a really good album but everyone seems to forget Postal Services weren't entirely without fault. It is crazy how much they've ripped them off though. It irritates me that 99% of people who listen to them will never know, either.

I hate:

Muse - don't fucking care for their classical/prog rock/mainstream pish. Overrated. :swearing:

Queen - Apart from Another One Bites The Dust (obv. Chic bass influence), just do not get all the hype on them. Freddie Mercury's stage precence and performing talents do nothing for me.

The Frateelees Min: I just imagine neds and fat, bald headed football hooligans munching down mince pies and spinning round with pints of Tennents on their hand shouting 'DO DO-DO DOOoooo...ooo.' whenever I listen to them. Similar sentiments towards

Kanye West - Fake ass talentless muthafuckering narcissitic knob jockey.

Coldplay - Thier 'Talk' track uses the Computer Love hook line melody and makes a poopy song out of it. Don't care about their music and find them boring like zzzzzzzz boring.

Guest Gladstone
Yes. Owl City are really gripping my shit as well.

I completely understand why folks don't like it, but for some reason I find it quite catchy, but not annoying - though I've only heard it about 3 times, I'd imagine if you listened to the radio all day, and heard it about 4 times a day it would begin to grate a little...

I bet Mr Owl City wasn't expecting this explosion!! I blame Radio 1 (as I do for everything like this). He probably just plays away on his keyboard minding his own business.

I didn't like the song at first, but it's kinda growing on me. Bit worried about listening to The Postal Service now.

Not really enjoying Chipmunk, Tinchy Stryder etc... Where did they all come from?!?! That goes along with Pixie Lott, La Roux etc.