aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Fucking Owl City! Fuck you! I really properly fucking hate this total wank horse of a shit band. ARGH!! This band may be the catalyst for myself to go on some kind of knife frenzy down King Street, hacking up Aberdeen uni students. Is it possible that they could be so shit and fucking annoying that they will stop me from enjoying The Postal Service?

just to bring this thread back to its spiritual home of cunting owl cunting city. my wife likes this song. i have considered divorce.

Guest Gladstone
Am I the only person who doesn't think The Postal Service are all that great? I bought the album after hearing everyone raving about it, wasn't overly impressed....if anyone wants a copy cheap let me know....

Poor man's Owl City if you ask me.

Seeing as somebody mentioned iPods, the song from this advert really does my nut in:

I have no idea what the song is called or who performs it (nor do I have any desire to), but it's one of the most nauseatingly upbeat pieces of audio shittery* I've ever heard. First there's the incredibly annoying glockenspiel/metallophone/whateverthefuck that plinky-plonks all over the place like it's being played by a primary school kid in music class, then there are the three vocalists who deliver their gloriously wish-washy lines in a manner that chafes away at my patience like a sweaty pair of pants, and the fact that the video is populated by a bunch of coloured-coordinated shitheads who desperately need a punch to the throat.

Maybe this belongs in the Pet Hates thread as the advert itself probably annoys me more than the song, but holy shit, this is dreadful. Every time it comes on I pray for a cement mixer to appear so I can plug my ears with concerete and never have to witness this terrible badness ever again. Who listens to this chirpy bullshit, anyway? Fucking Canterbury tracksuit-bottom/rugby shirt/flip-flop wearing bellends with "deliberately scruffy" Jamie Oliver haircuts and Eton accents, that's who.

Christ, I've only heard 30 seconds of this song. My head would probably explode if I head it the whole way though.

* come to think of it, "Audio Shittery" would make a cracking name for a compilation album full of honking music. I'm on the case.

• Upvote 1

The second vocalist sounds remarkably like Jack White. Surely he couldn't have anything to do with this?

Current most hated band would be, unsurprisingly, Owl City. I had it stuck in my head all throughout a 3-hour long meeting that I just got out of about half an hour ago. I was sorely tempted to jump out of the window straight onto Union St. Or stab the people beside me with my pencil.

I love living in my internet bubble of no TV or radio music.

I hate Travis. That's how long it's been :up:

I too live in that bubble.....well, not your bubble but my similar one. The only place I've heard of Owl City is in this thread.

I'd like to mention Richard Ashcroft again. I just can't stand him.

I think that this thread has gone too many posts without mentioning how dreadful Owl City are. I have possibly turned into a one man hate campaign.

I read that post and three seconds later opened my Hotmail. 1 New Message:

"MySpace Music News - Owl City, Placebo, 50 Cent and more"

I guess you can't escape after all. I'm listening now of course. Abhorrent. It makes me want to be dead.