aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to add Jamiroquai to the list. Jay Kay can fuck off with his terrible hats, fleeces and band logo based on a picture of him wearing a stupid hat. Also, not forgetting his bands godawful music.

Are they still active? He's one of those artists I'm never sure about. I guess Wikipedia's only a click away, but fuck it. I'm not typing that spew of a word into my search bar. That'll show the rich, lambourghini driving, model dating scumbag!

I think it's the lyrics that get me. They sound like the utter bastard is describing a drawing that his 4 year old sister made after watching the Lion King.

And the music sounds like it's from a broken copy of Spyro the Dragon or something. Argh.

I like Owl City, y'know, because sometimes The Postal Service are just too...hardcore and you want to lie on the hood the your Mom's car and like, talk about the future and stuff and old cartoons with your best girl and then you get back home at 11.30pm and you just pour yourself a bowl of cereal and turn off the lights and fall asleep dreaming about the glow-in-the-dark stars on your roof, y'know?

I think it's the lyrics that get me. They sound like the utter bastard is describing a drawing that his 4 year old sister made after watching the Lion King.

And the music sounds like it's from a broken copy of Spyro the Dragon or something. Argh.

I thought it sounded like your typical autotuned honkey over the top of the Nintendo Wii music.

I thought it sounded like your typical autotuned honkey over the top of the Nintendo Wii music.

What does Wii music sound like? Most videogame music is CD quality these days and rivals that of movies, that's if it isn't a soundtrack made up of needle-drops from various bands.

EDIT: That reads more angrily than I intended, I am curious about what you mean.

@mouse3000

Yeah, Brokencyde are one of the few acts I can think of that are just objectively bad. Anyone who claims to like them must be a liar, there is no other explanation.

I'd like to add Jamiroquai to the list. Jay Kay can fuck off with his terrible hats, fleeces and band logo based on a picture of him wearing a stupid hat. Also, not forgetting his bands godawful music.

Worst thing about this thread is making me remember such shit that I had previously thought I'd managed to banish from my memory! It's virtual insanity!

dunno whether she's been mentioned or not but few female singers irritate me more than Lily Allen... that goddam awful song about her bloke being shit in bed has just come on the radio.

just looking at a picture of her irritates me. She's stupid looking. I'm not saying she looks stupid (maybe that as well) but she's stupid looking.

just looking at a picture of her irritates me. She's stupid looking. I'm not saying she looks stupid (maybe that as well) but she's stupid looking.

I have to admit I have no problem with her. When I think about when I was first discovering music for myself in the mid to late 90s, a time when rap had become self-parody, electronic dance music had lost its lustre and become embarassing ned fodder, rock had taken all the wrong lessons from grunge (lessons that were sadly appealing to a nerdy mid-teen) and 'pop' was still entirely the domain of 11yr old girls, I think we've been incredibly lucky during the last decade, and Lily Allen's part of the last decade's cross-overs and deconstruction of cool. Hell, I even enjoyed how much the 1st album drew so much from the second wave of ska.

I have to confess I fancy the pants off her. I don't know what it is - I don't have a huge amount of time for her music, and her chat isn't the greatest but...I find her quite, quite attractive.

And now the bloody Lighthouse Family have popped into my head. :down: