aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Tonight - chill out with the mrs, have some dinner and watch some 24

Tomorrow - out for a few jars and some spears with mates for my birthday, will start off civilised and probably end up looking like the beach landing scene in saving private ryan

Sunday - training and team BBQ

Tonight- Being a delivery boy and picking up Milners new electric drum kit then smashing the BURD.

Tomorrow - Working till 5, band practice 6-9 then round to Milners to drop off afore mentioned drumkit and bum.

Sunday- Sell/deliver my amp. go home for a bbq for my cousins birthday then weep cos' it's Monday in a few hours.

Pick THE BIRD up from the train station (she's been in Barcelona on a hen do, and yes yes, I know she's probably had about a hundred el cockos in her before anyone mentions it)

a hundred? she was happy with just one, mate. :cool:

Went out a bit last night and got much more pished than I planned to. Feel ok today though which is nice.

Tonight I'll have a couple of beers while watching the copa del rey final.

Tomorrow I'll probably go to the beach but got no specific plans.

Sunday I'll be back at the beach for a party dancing to some good dj's playing for free, before I head off home early grumbling at all my friends who have publiv holiday on monday I don't get :(

• Upvote 4

a hundred? she was happy with just one, mate. :cool:

Went out a bit last night and got much more pished than I planned to. Feel ok today though which is nice.

Tonight I'll have a couple of beers while watching the copa del rey final.

Tomorrow I'll probably go to the beach but got no specific plans.

Sunday I'll be back at the beach for a party dancing to some good dj's playing for free, before I head off home early grumbling at all my friends who have publiv holiday on monday I don't get :(

What is your job in Barcelona? I'm so jealous.

TEFL yeah. I'm definitely not qualified to teach secondary school kids about shakespeare or anything.

I didn't speak any Spanish or Catalan when I started my current job. Speaking it definitely helps, especially in young kids classes but there's such a demand for English teachers and especially native speaker teachers that it's not necessary to get a job.

• Upvote 1

Only here actually. Before I got the qualification I'd done some voluntary teaching in Ghana and Nepal which is what made me want to do it more long term. At first I did think I would move around more and work in different places but I I ended up really liking it here and getting very settled. Don't think I'll be moving my life anywhere else any time soon. However it is nice to know that getting work wouldn't be much of a problem if I moved to almost anywhere in the world.

• Upvote 1

The CELTA which is probably the best tefl qualification to go for can be done at these places in Scotland.

http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/centres/teaching/search.do;jsessionid=CD74DDCD4D6AA34A40C830CCC1C0DBE1.node02?source=teacheraward&country=GB-SCT&qualification=ALL&Input=Search

The Trinity College TESOL course is thought of as about the same standard too.

CELTA and Trinity are better accepted than others (as they are externally accredited) like i-to-i or TEFL International, particularly in the EU (supposedly) or by the British Council. Otherwise it doesn't matter that much (especially in Asia), as long as it's 120 hours, in-person. As well as colleges/unis they can be done at private centres, and abroad. I got mine in Vietnam.

Not a thing against them in particular but a lot of places will only hire people who have done the Cambridge or trinity college qualifications. That's not true of everywhere but I definitely wouldn't have got my job if I'd done one of the i-toi courses. Basically there's a reason they are so much cheaper.

• Upvote 1

Tonight: Sit on a train for 5 hours as I come back from a training course in Newcastle

Saturday: Up to Portsoy for a family shindig.

Sunday: Down to Kirriemuir to spend some time with my fiance's family.

I'm hoping some of that family time will involve sitting outside in the sun with beer and/or BBQ food.

Tonight: Sit on a train for 5 hours as I come back from a training course in Newcastle

Saturday: Up to Portsoy for a family shindig.

Sunday: Down to Kirriemuir to spend some time with my fiance's family.

I'm hoping some of that family time will involve sitting outside in the sun with beer and/or BBQ food.

The ice cream shop in Portsoy is incredible. I was there last night and it was awesome!