aberdeen-music

Your last great musical rediscovery...

diarmaid

• 4 weeks later...

After the disappointment of Angles (two good songs? Thanks guys), I decided to revisit Room on Fire by The Strokes and I was surprised by how much I liked it. When it first came out, I wasn't overly taken with it, but now I can hear hooks and catchy melodies all over the place. It's a really warm, close sounding record too, which really suits the songs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Gladstone

I punted on Doves debut album the other day. Hadn't listened to it for years and had forgotten how much I like it! Catch the Sun, in particular is a magic tune. Absolutely love it. Got my ex to thank for introducing me to Doves when they first appeared on the scene. She did also introduce me to Toploader though...

Guest Gladstone
Presidents of the United States of America - Self titled.

Love this CD, hadn't heard it for an age. Going to go dig out all their other albums now.

Is that them that sang the song "Peaches"? That's the only song of theirs I know. Don't think I ever heard of them before or since.

Is that them that sang the song "Peaches"? That's the only song of theirs I know. Don't think I ever heard of them before or since.

That's them yes. Probably one my least favourite tracks though.

You wouldn't have heard of them before since it was their debut album ;)

They had a few albums out after that, never with as much success though. Some catchy little ditties mind you!

EDIT: And another band, Fun Lovin Criminals, their first CD is incredible. Looking forward to seeing them at TITP this weekend.

Guest Gladstone

They had a few albums out after that, never with as much success though. Some catchy little ditties mind you!

EDIT: And another band, Fun Lovin Criminals, their first CD is incredible. Looking forward to seeing them at TITP this weekend.

I grew to love that Peaches song. It was on the radio constantly for a while. I've a feeling my mate bought the album - he used to buy the album of any band if we liked the single, but I don't ever remember him playing the album to me. Perhaps a shame if the album's good!?

I grew to love that Peaches song. It was on the radio constantly for a while. I've a feeling my mate bought the album - he used to buy the album of any band if we liked the single, but I don't ever remember him playing the album to me. Perhaps a shame if the album's good!?

It's a cracking album, I'm sure it'll be available on Amazon for 1p second hand by now. Lump and Dune Buggy were the other 'hits' on the record.

Possibly the best live band ever.

Saw them a couple of times, very entertaining and good banter. Played the Lemon Tree a few years back too, which was superb.

It's a cracking album, I'm sure it'll be available on Amazon for 1p second hand by now. Lump and Dune Buggy were the other 'hits' on the record.

Saw them a couple of times, very entertaining and good banter. Played the Lemon Tree a few years back too, which was superb.

Lump was a cracking tune, their best in my opinion. Not heard much of their stuff since their first album though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Presidents of the United States of America - Self titled.

Love this CD, hadn't heard it for an age. Going to go dig out all their other albums now.

KITTY AT MY FOOT AND I WANNNNA TOUCH IT

In other news: 'Easy Cheese' by the Mad Caddies. Not heard it since I was 14. Tune.

I just opened this thread to write "Fun Lovin' Criminals first album". Glad someone else is enjoying it as much as I am! Hadn't listened to it in years but it's on high rotation at the moment.